“Accommodating” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Mitchell's Restaurant

Mitchell's Restaurant
Ranked #2 of 33 Restaurants in Clifden
Cuisines: Irish, Seafood, European, Soups
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Special occasions, Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Rio Vista, California
“Accommodating”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 15, 2014 via mobile

Good food. Excellent fish. Great cabbage and bacon. Accomodated the vegan with us by making special veggie platter. Good service, excellent brown bread with meal.

1 Thank Crt1943

Newmarket, United Kingdom
“Delicious seafood”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 14, 2014

This restaurant was recommended to us by a local in nearby Ballyconneely, where we went horseback riding. I am SO glad we took her advice! We both went for the special menu, which was three courses for 25 euro. The seafood chowder was incredible. I could have just ordered a whole bowl of that and been great! The fish cake, hake, and fish and chips were all wonderful (and get the vegetables as a side). I would go back in a hearbeat, and highly recommend it to anyone in or around Clifden. Great, friendly service, too. There were only a couple of tables filled when we walked in at 6PM on a Monday, but within 20 minutes the place was full, so you may want a res.

• Visited April 2014
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Zurich, Switzerland
“Reservation recommended”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 6, 2014 via mobile

Lovely dinner. Due to the marathon we were happy to made a reservation. Service was well organized and friendly. Food was great.

County Dublin, Ireland
“Good food & Exceptional Customer Service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 30, 2014 via mobile

Hubby & I visited Mitchell's yesterday evening. We went early in order to avail of the excellent value early bird menu. I started with the seafood chowder which was simply superb - huge chunks of fish, wonderful flavour & very filling. Hubby had the chicken liver parfait which he pronounced as perfect. Both starters were accompanied by the most wonderful fresh breads. Hubby had steak for main while I opted for the fish bake. Hubby's steak was excellent. My fish bake, however, was disappointing. Quite simply I found it bland. On collecting our plates the waiter noticed that I had eaten less than half of my main. I hadn't intended saying anything but when he asked if anything was wrong I did say I had found it bland. A short while later a gentleman I presumed to be the manager (or owner perhaps?) came over & asked me about my main course. To be honest at this stage I was a bit embarrassed that I had said anything. I did point out that my starter had been excellent. After dessert & coffee the same gentleman brought our bill & said that he had deducted my main course. I was astonished as I really hadn't been looking for any deduction from such an excellently priced menu. We would have no hesitation returning to Mitchells in any case but such exceptional customer service really does deserve special mention. There have been many restaurants at which I've eaten in the past that could learn real lessons from Mitchells on how to value customers. We'll be back!

Belgrade, Serbia
“Our best meal in Clifden”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 29, 2014

Let's be honest you don't go to Clifden for the food, you go for the scenery, the music and the atmosphere. We were therefore pleasantly surprised by our dinner at Mitchell's. Good fish, decent wine, good atmosphere (restauranty not pubby) and great service.

• Visited July 2013