“Outstanding Dining Experience”

Mitchell's Restaurant
Ranked #2 of 36 Restaurants in Clifden
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Large groups, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed November 7, 2013

Mitchell's is first and foremost an upscale, high quality restaurant. The service was very professional and timely. The cuisine was very well done and well presented. The menu was quite extensive featuring, as you would expect, seafood dishes. While rather pricey, the night we were there the "early bird" pricing was in effect all evening making our meal a very good value. I would recommend reservations and highly recommend dining at Mitchell's.

Reviewed November 4, 2013

The night we visited Mitchell's the 'early bird' menu was available all evening which made it good value (otherwise it is a little on the pricey side). Good choice of starters and main courses.

Service is relaxed and casual, dining room is nice. Food was lovely although the deserts were disappointing - tiny meringue with choc and hazelnut sauce or ice cream (from the early bird menu).

Reviewed November 3, 2013

We stopped here for lunch after strolling around the shops in Clifden. It seemed a nice alternative to the pub grub available in a number of places although a bit pricier. The food was excellent - the Irish Stew and Shepherds pie are particularly good. The staff are pleasant and friendly. Worth a visit.

Reviewed October 26, 2013

We just stopped in this place, not having read any reviews. It was our first time in Ireland and we weren't sure about the tipping. I know I should have looked it up first, but well I didn't. As Americans, I always feel you should leave something. It feels strange not to except in places where they bring you the check all totaled (like in Italy). When the owner brought the check, there was a space for the tip. I wrote in about 10% because the place is nice and my stew was good. He then proceeded to say, "why don't you round it up?" Well, it caught me off guard and I thought that looked fair. After signing, I realized that I had tipped him much more than I wanted to. I don't feel it is an owner or waiter's place to suggest a bigger tip. He was rude to do this. I just say beware!!

7  Thank ninip60
Reviewed October 24, 2013

Mitchell's was recommended to us by a gourmet chef at the Old Convent in Clogheen a week earlier and endorsed by the owners of our hotel - The Quay House, as well as highly recommended in most publications. The menu was excelent and the food - from starters to mains to afters and the wine options were great. If you are in the Clifden area for dinner you will not be disappointed here.