“Absolutly fab”

Mitchell's Restaurant
Ranked #2 of 36 Restaurants in Clifden
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed October 17, 2013

Beautiful food. This restaurant was recommended to us and it really did live up to name. the fish was so fresh tasted delicious. My husband had steak and it was cooked to perfection. Staff were very friendly and very helpful

Write a ReviewReviews (1,270)

Reviewed October 16, 2013

We were on a day out, felt a bit precious saw this place and ended up having a 3 course meal by accident!! Absolutely superb food. We had the chowder and fish cakes to start. The fish cakes were lovely. Then had fish and chips, and fish pie for mains. The fish pie had so much fish in I couldn't finish it. 3 courses for 25 euros which we thought was pretty good considering the standard of the food.

Reviewed October 15, 2013

During our week stay in Clifden we ate here twice and on both occasions the food was fantastic. The service was abit standoffish on the 1st visit, but the 2nd time was fantastic. Only one complaint the cheese was too cold !!!.

Reviewed October 13, 2013

I had read the reviews before we travelled so I knew it was somewhere I wanted to try and that we needed to book.

The restaurant looks inviting from the street and we were seated at a table on the ground floor. Every table was full by 7:30pm. I had mussels served with home made soda bread to start and these were cooked perfectly and delicious and my partner had crab-cakes which he enjoyed very much. We both had Roundstone scallops for our main course which were fat, juicy and cooked to perfection. We managed a pudding which while nice was not in the same league as the seafood. The service is impeccable. The bill came to about €100 which while pricey, as I only had one glass of wine, reflected the quality of the food and surroundings. We enjoyed it so much we went back on our last night.

Reviewed October 4, 2013 via mobile

Best steak I've ever had! Delicious meal all round and still busy on a Monday at the end of season. Would 100% recommend. Nice atmosphere too.