“Always look forward to going to Mitchells”

Mitchell's Restaurant
Ranked #2 of 36 Restaurants in Clifden
Good for: Large groups, Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed May 4, 2013 via mobile

As usual I couldn't fault it. They offered three different menus lunch alacarte and an early bird. They let me mix and match from all three and nothing was a problem. The food was how I remembered it .... As arnie says ill be back.

Reviewed April 30, 2013

I've been to Mitchell's a number of times and have never been disappointed. On this visit to Clifden we actually went there for lunch and evening meal, both first class. their fish is always fresh and the service professional and pleasant.

Reviewed April 26, 2013

This was my 6th or 7th time to eat here but it won't be my last.

Mitchells has always served up delicious fish, cooked to just the right point. Chowder and bisque are equally good, fish is cooked simply and without any of the overdone sauces so often used to disguise overcooking or stale produce.

The service is excellent, the personnel remaining the same for many years, always a good sign. The early bird menu represents exceptional value at €22. 50 for 3 courses. If there was a Mitchells in Dublin, I would certainly be a regular.

Reviewed April 25, 2013

My girlfriends and I were looking for a place to eat after touring Kylemore Abbey. We headed down the street towards Cliffdyn and searched TripAdvisor for a place to eat. Mitchell's came highly recommended. The inside was quaint and cosy and a nice place to get out of the cold. My girlfriend had the Irish Stew, which she enjoyed since it was more of a stock than cream base. I started with the Goat Cheese in Croute, which came with a delictzble relish and salad. My other girlfriend and I had the Cashel Blue cheese salad, which came with ample cheese! We ended dinner by sharing the Rum Raisin creme brûlée. Overall a great find for the location and price point.

Reviewed April 24, 2013 via mobile

A great, predominately seafood, restaurant with a cosy living room style. One of the best quality restaurants in Clifden too with a €25 for three courses which you'll find hard to best especially as most of the competition is lesser quality public grub. The staff were friendly, efficient and very professional. Mitchells is a very very good restaurant which I would definitely recommend and return to it if I'm in Clifden