“Nice way to spend an afternoon”
Review of Steam Coffee House

Steam Coffee House
Ranked #2 of 4 Coffee & Tea in Clifden
Good for: Local cuisine, Business meetings, Families with children, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating
Reviewed July 7, 2013

We drove to Clifden only to decide that we didn't really want to walk around due to the weather. We decided to go for a bite to eat. We had potato herb soup, a special of the day which came with brown bread. It was excellent. We then decided to have a merigne dessert (sorry not spelled right!) stuffed with whipped cream and berries with a pot of tea. Outstanding!

Reviewed July 2, 2013

Had breakfast here on my stay in clifden,a nice chilled out coffee house with good food and staff a nice place to relax while the kids were in for a swim...

Reviewed May 11, 2013

Wonderful homemade food on the premises. Along with Guys, the best places in Clifden. The BLT bagel was the best BLT I've ever had.

Kinger12, Owner at Steam Coffee House, responded to this reviewResponded May 13, 2013

Thank you for your positive review. It is a great morale boost for everybody involved in Steam

Reviewed April 27, 2013

A smiling service as soon as I walked through the door and the bright interior made me feel immediately welcome.

Try for a seat upstairs where there's a little second hand book swap section. As we were lucky and the weather was good, it made for a very enjoyable lunch with some nice scenery

The food itself was a wholesome and tasty soup/wrap combo which was great value. The service was very friendly and one of the best in Clifden. Highly recommended & and I would definitely return if I'm in the area again.

Reviewed April 21, 2013

My Uncle brought me here this weekend on a tour of Connermara from Galway & it acted as a perfect refuelling centre. My Uncle knew of it from across the years & I wasn't let down in his choice. A lovely warm welcome & immediate attention at our table. Located in the grounds of the Old Clifden Station there was plenty going on & business was brisk. The food was excellent, soup followed by an open sandwich with a choice from the menu or a daily special.
I look forward to going back next time I'm visiting family & strongly recommend it.