“Central B&B with comfortable good-smelling rooms”
Review of Berkeley Lodge

Berkeley Lodge
Ranked #3 of 19 Adare B&B and Inns
Frankfurt, Germany
“Central B&B with comfortable good-smelling rooms”
Reviewed December 31, 2012

The Berkeley Lodge is located near the centre of Adare. The house is modern and tastefully furnished. Our room was light, had a good size and was tastefully furnished and decorated. The bathroom was light and clean. Everytime we came into the house we realized a really good smell in the whole house. Although there were some other guests it was really quite.
The living-room with the fireplace was a little bit overdecorated, but the breakfast-room in the sun-room was light and modern. There was a big breakfast menu and we chose Irish Breakfast, Porridge and Soda Bread with jam. It was delicious.
Bridie is a nice host, she helped us finding a B&B at our next destination.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Reviewed November 25, 2012

I came to Ireland for my first time and stayed here at the Berkeley Lodge. Bride was extremely hospitable and welcoming. She went up and above any expectations I would have had staying at a B&B. any accommodations or arrangements we needed help with she took care of. The breakfast was wonderful each morning! I would stay here again in a heartbeat!

• Stayed November 2012
Glen of Aherlow, Ireland
Reviewed November 25, 2012

This B&B is central, good value for money, clean and does a great breakfast... I had French Toast! The rooms are comfortable and warm and if you leave a window open, there is no traffic to interrupt your sleep. Bridee is a geat hostess, very accomodating and directed us to a great little walk down by the river. Yes, I'd definitely recommend Berkeley Lodge

Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Lansdale, PA, USA
Reviewed November 13, 2012

Berkeley Lodge is my favorite B&B in Ireland. I stay with Bridie every time I go over to Ireland because I prefer flying in and out of Shannon and she's so well located -- about 35 to 40 minutes' drive. In Adare, she's located just off N21 in the center of town within easy walking distance to some lovely restaurants and great pubs and shops. But the main reason I love to stay here is because of Bridie herself. I've never met a more accommodating or delightful host during my many trips to the Emerald Isle. She does everything she can to make your stay as comfortable as possible. To say her breakfast is the best is putting it mildly. When you come to the dining room in the morning, you select your breakfast from a menu of delicious options. Everything is good; believe me, I've tried it all! Her homemade brown bread is the best I've had and she serves it with homemade jams. The rooms (and the Lodge itself) are so cozy, sparkling clean and warmly decorated. Can't wait to get back!

Room Tip: All the rooms are wonderful.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Oviedo, FL
Reviewed October 22, 2012

Spent two nights at the Lodge and found it to be as advertized... a lovley cozy B&B located just blocks off the main street with close access to the restaurants and pubs of Adare. Can't say enough about the owner, Bridie, but can tell you that she embodies the spirit of the Irish people and all they stand for. Made this Floridian feel right at home and I would not hesitate to stay again. It is, after all, the human experience that one remembers when all is said and done.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank PATRICK K
Chicago, Illinois, United States
Reviewed October 16, 2012

Beautiful accommodations, great breakfast and centrally located in Adare. Near center of town and within a mile of the golf course. Bridie, the owner, made the stay a wonderful experience. The airlines lost the luggage of one of our golfers so she put together a care package of toiletries to get him through until the bags were delivered. I have stayed here twice before and look forward to my next visit!!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed October 9, 2012

We have stayed in the Berkeley Lodge numerous times over 13yrs and my family and I keep coming back. We have travelled to Cork on holiday and have stayed in this great B&B to break our journey. We have also chosen to stay in Adare while visiting friends in Galway rather than choose an unknown B&B in Galway. The rooms have all been newly decorated and are exceptionally clean and fresh with comfortable beds. The breakfast is one, my husband and my four girls look forward to every morning with a great choice. I would highly recommend this B&B and the fact that it is only walking distance to the village is even better. Bridie is a lovely host and makes the stay even more enjoyable.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Adare
Dunraven Arms Hotel
Great National South Court Hotel
Bunratty Castle Hotel
Bunratty Castle Hotel
#2 of 2 in Bunratty

Been to Berkeley Lodge? Share your experiences!