““Fab place, good atmosphere and top food””

The Carriage House Restaurant
Ranked #12 of 21 Restaurants in Adare
Cuisines: Irish
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Restaurant and Pub are inside the Club House. Fairly large restaurant, much cozier and quieter in the pub
Reviewed March 24, 2014

I was in Limerick for work this week and was recommended the golf club restaurant for dinner.

The staff were very friendly, very helpful with recommendations and attentive without being in your face.

After an excellent pre dinner cocktail I had the mussels and rack of lamb. Both were excellent ! The lamb was so tender with full of flavor. Great stuff!

Would totally recommend, I'll certainly be going back next time I'm in Limerick.

1  Thank michael f

Reviewed February 20, 2014

Well presented and filling.you can have room service, great if you have young children. You can also have afternoon tea and bar snacks.

Reviewed February 8, 2014

Relaxing is the operative word. We dined in the bar; the décor has become very staid now and needs a lift; the tables either need covering or to be replaced. We were well received and made our orders; it was literally an hour wait for our steaks which were generous; cooked to order yet the whole thing was very bland; the pepper sauce was tasteless and economically in quantity; the oninons and mushrooms were also bland and tasteless. As I said to my cousin we are lucky that we can chat it would have been a long wait!!! There was no apology or any comment over the time wait on the part of staff. I think I will reserve my custom there to tea and coffees when we are out for our walks!

2  Thank Frank2510
Reviewed January 19, 2014

We had Breakfast here 4 times while we were staying in the Villa's.
The food was very good and the service was great. Good choice for Breakfast, it also has a patio over looking the Golf Course.

2  Thank grammyq
Reviewed December 1, 2013

Myself and my twin bro popped in here after being hot air ballooning in Adare Manor. Thought it would mark the occasion pretty well but was left a little underwhelmed. I expected to pay more but €32.95 for a mediocre lunch isn't on. I was also annoyed about the amount of toddlers rambling around disturbing my experience. The staff were attentive, polite and helpful.The restaurant was full and we didn't have a booking so we were delighted to get a lovely table by the window. Just expected a little wow factor for the food. Was I asking too much?

1  Thank Gwen O