“Lovely hotel”

Fitzgerald's Woodlands House Hotel
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Adare
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed May 4, 2009

We stayed two nights at this hotel for a wedding in March. We got a great deal on the website. While first impressions in the lobby were that it may be a bit dated we were very impressed with everything in the hotel. The room was huge i have stayed in 4 star and 5 star hotels where the rooms are a lot smaller. Big fluffy towels in the bathroom. Lovely cosy dressing gown and slippers. The deal we got had a free bottle of sparkling wine which was rose and had chocolate dipped strawberries too which was not mentioned in the package. I thought it was a lovely touch and they were yummy!!

The food in the hotel is superb. I had sea bass in the restaurant the night before the wedding and it was so delicious. The wedding itself was a great day and everything seemed to run smoothly and the food was delicious.

I would recommend this hotel to everyone. I used the spa the day after the wedding and the outdoor hot tub was fab....just what i needed.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled as a couple
woodlandsadare, Owner at Fitzgerald's Woodlands House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 25, 2009

Many Thanks for your very kind comments. The team were delighted to receive the same.

Please make sure to let us know when you are staying with us again so we can give you a big thank you in person as well as an upgrade with our compliments.

Elaina and the team in Fitzgeralds Woodlands House Hotel

Write a ReviewReviews (1,706)

Reviewed April 30, 2009

I have to say im absolutely in love with this hotel!!

Myself my brother, mother and partner had a meal in timmy macs a few sundays ago. WOW!!! Food was amazing altough they were extremely busy the staff were so pleasant and called us when a table was made available.
The four of us ordered from the main menu and loved every bit of it! Fabulous!!
I also found the bar so relaxing a comfortable!!

To be honest after this fantastic day we have decided to have our wedding in the woodlands!! I love the fact that its family run, friendly and just beautiful!!

If anyone is reading this and thinking of getting married here id highly recommend them. We have met with David who is so friendly and down to earth, not like other hotels we visited who were all about business and what they wanted!

David said " Its your day we'll do whatever you want, no matter how big or how small"

Roll on next september!!!!

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 23, 2009

we arrived for the wedding on the friday, met laods of people i haven't seen since college. It was a great stay, food was excellent, wedding room was done to perfection.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 22, 2009

What a fantastic experience.This was our first and certainly not our last time visiting the superb Fitzgeralds Woodlands House Hotel.From the moment we arrived,we were treated with such warmth.We spent a lovely afternoon at the beautiful Revas Spa,having a couples masage and a very enjoyable Rasul experience,how unique!We found the option of two restaurants gave us great variety.Both had a wide and extensive choice in the menus,catering for every fussy eater out there (me included!!).Our bedroom was very spacious with a most comfortable bed...a sleep to remember!On the last day of our trip, my boyfriend,the energetic one, had a great workout in the gym whilst I took it easy and had a relaxing swim in the pool. All our needs were catered for perfectly and we will definately be going again!

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 20, 2009

recently went touring around Ireland with my partner & child during easter and choose this hotel last minute. We were debating to book an extra night in a hotel and decided to look at Adare. On the web page they offered great rates - a room with two double beds for €25pp so all three of us could go stay for the night for €75 - why not??? We go to reception and were informed that as they were no lifts in the hotel we would have to stay on the main ground floor and the room allocated to us was 200. (my son is in a wheelchair) The room we were informed was a bridal suite and as there was a main bedroom with a double bed and a second small room off this with two single rooms we were to pay €109 for this room. We decided as we were there we would check in, the staff pushed the two single beds together and made a split lever double bed for my son which was usless. Our beds was very low to the ground and killed my back. On reading previous reviews re the matress toppers my partner and I purchased one of these for our own bed a few months ago and we love it - so as advertised we expected to find the same topper on the bed we slept on that night, was not there and the bed was awful. the leisure centre was not great but ok. Beware you have to have flip flops for the pool area and if you do not have you have to purchase for 12e or 3.50e.
Timmy macs restaurant for dinner was fab great food and great atmosphere, can't ever see myself staying again

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled with family
woodlandsadare, Owner at Fitzgerald's Woodlands House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 21, 2009

Many thanks for your feedback in relation to your stay with us in Fitzgeralds Woodlands House Hotel. We are heartened by the fact that enjoyed your Timmy Mac's experience.

I would like to take this opportunity to address the issues that you identified;

Our newly designed web page which you visited clearly indicates that whilst our rooms are quite spacious, none of them have 2 double beds as a standard. We would happily have organised a room with 2 double beds for you had we been made aware of your request in advance of arrival.When you arrived to our reception desk without an advance reservatton, given that it during the popular Easter holiday time, we did not have any spare double beds available. We are sorry that this impacted on your stay with us.

In relation to the pricing of your room, whilst a number of rooms were available at the excellent value rate of Euro 25.00 per person sharing during the morning of your stay, by the time that you arrived at the hotel, none of these rooms were still available. Our colleague Mary at the reception desk, offered one of our ground floor suites which she felt would be extra spacious and more suitable to your needs at the reduced rate of Euro 109.00 for all three of you including bed & breakfast as well as full access to our award winning lesiure club. She explained that she would place the two single beds together in the adjoining room. She mentioned that you went away to consider this before making your final decision to stay. We would have been in a position to offer more alternatives at an earlier stage during the day.

With respect to your dissatisfaction with the beds provided, the double bed in our suites have an ornate bed frame which is distinct from our other rooms which have headboards & divan bed sets. To be fair, this is the first time that we have received feedback to suggest that this did not provide an exceptional nights sleep. We have inspected the bed & have observed that there is no reason that it should be any less comfortable as it does not have any structural issues. In addition, this particular bed has one of our new legendary Woodlands mattress toppers. We will be monitoring room comments from this particular room more closely so as to ensure that no other guests encounter the same issues that you identified.

With regard to your comments on our lack of provision of a lift, because our location is in the countryside, our bedrooms are contained on the ground floor & the first floor. It is for this reason that we do not require a lift, preferring the opportunity to offer our guests the more personalised offer of porterage.

As part of the requirement for the various White Flag & EIQA awards that we have received, guests are required to wear flipflops. This information is sent to all guests as part of our confirmation letter. Again, because of your arrival at the desk without a reservation, we were unable to impart this information to you in advance of arrival. However, you will find that in their quest to attain award winning standards, many leisure clubs across the country have made the wearing of pool shoes or flip flops a pre-requisite.

We thank you again for your feedback. We sincerely hope that you do consider our hotel for another stay in the near future so that we can show you the award winning hospitality that we are proud of. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly if I can be of further assistance.

Reviewed April 20, 2009

I brought my wife here for 1 night over Easter, the rooms are a bit dated now to be honest but the bar, spa and restaurant are all excellent. From the check in staff, bar staff and the restuarant staff the service was excellent. They couldnt have been more helpful. Dinner in the restaurant was excellent too.
Got breakfast in bed which was fairly average so probably should have gotten out of bed and went down to restaurant.
All in all it was good vaule for money and seemed very family friendly judging by all of the children enjoying themselves on easter egg hunt and in general about the place.
My wife got treatments in the spa and said it was very good as well

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled as a couple

Many thanks for your very kind comments. We are delighted that you enjoyed your break with us.

I have passed your comments regarding room service breakfast to our team so that they can make the necessary changes to ensure a more enjoyable inroom breakfast experience for all of our guests. As always, it is fair to say that there is an extensive breakfast buffet available which always offers a far more significant range of breakfast options to our guests than is available as part of our in room breakfast. However, certainly, there is learning for us from your comments.

Thanking you again for your kind comments & looking forward to your next stay.

Reviewed April 19, 2009

We recently got married in the Woodlands Hotel in Adare and our experience from start to finish was outstanding. We initally met with Elaina last year when we were looking for wedding venues and she was so helpful we knew instantly that we wanted to have our wedding there. All our dealings with the Woodlands in preparation of our big day were handled very efficiently and it is easy to see why they are the most popular choice for weddings in West Limerick. Particular praise to Elaina and Brid, they were more than helpful with any queries that we had.
The day itself was spectacular, we had over 200 guests celebrating our day with us and the function room was fantastic. We had a separate kids table decorated especially for them with ballons, games etc and also a play area and they had their own separate menu (which had a lot more choice than the adults menu). This was a huge success. The meal and service was outstanding and all our guests commented on how great it was and several said it was the best wedding that they had been at there.
The management and staff of the woodlands made us feel so special and I don't think we could have been looked after better anywhere else.
A lot of my friends travelled from Dublin and stayed two nights. They got fantastic internet rates which included entry to the hydrosuite at the spa and a bottle of bubbly and chocolate strawberries when they arrived and a voucher for the outstanding restaurant Timmy Macs. A lot of them intend returning and a few have organised vouchers for their parents.
Revas Spa at the hotel is absolutely fab and provide a great service to brides. I got all my treatments there including facials, reflexology, pedicures, manicures in preparation for the big day and the spa is fantastic. A hair stylist and beautican came to my house the morning of the wedding and looked after myself and the bridesmaids and they did a great job. Revas Spa is a great addition to the hotel and to West Limerick. I have been to spas in five star hotels and Revas Spa is on a par if not superior to any of them.
Last but not least I have to mention the leisure centre. As part of the package of having our wedding at the Woodlands we got free membership to the leisure centre. The gym and pool are fantastic. All the staff are so friendly and helpful there. I availed of the Personal Trainer Lukasz for a number of training sessions to get fit and toned for the day and he was brillant, so good in fact that i am continuing on with my personal training sessions.
I know this review is long but I availed of all the facilities the Woodlands Hotel had to offer and found them all incredible and would recommond this Hotel for any family event or occasion. It has something to suit everyone. Again a big thank you to the Staff and Management of the Hotel for making our wedding day perfect.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank HelsLimerick
Also consider these accommodations in or near Adare
Dunraven Arms Hotel
#3 of 20 in Limerick
Castletroy Park Hotel
Castletroy Park Hotel
#1 of 3 in Castletroy

Been to Fitzgerald's Woodlands House Hotel? Share your experiences!