I hadn't been to Woodlands House for a number of years, I'd had a good impression of it from my last visit but sometimes when you go back to a place for a second time it can be different.
I needn't have worried! Woodlands still has the same exceptional family welcome that I remembered from the last time. From the moment you step inside the door you feel welcome.
They have done some facelifts to the hotel since I have been there and I have to say I really liked what they have done. The lobby is a gorgeous open space.
My room was huge with lots of windows and plenty of light coming into the room. The beds were amazingly comforable, I'm told down to the mattress toppers that they have there. Must be true as I slept great!
And so on to the Spa!!! Wow! They didnt have this the last time I was there and I was super impressed. Its huge! We had the Rasul Mud treatment and then the thermal suite experience afterwards. The girls in the spa were very welcoming and attentive. It was such a lovely experience to be outdoors in the hot tub in the sun in Ireland! We then spent a bit of time in the relaxation areas afterwards with a lovely fruit smoothie and some fruit skewers. If you're in the hotel I would recomment you make some time to visit the spa. They also have a hairdressers there too.
For dining there are two options in the hotel - Timmy Macs and Fieldings of Adare. open all day Timmy Macs is a more casual experience but with great food. My friend and I had lunch there and there was a great selection - and these guys do big portions of everything! Its also super child friendly too. We ate in Fieldings in the evening and had a lovely meal there - my friend and I both had the salmon and crab starter and for mains I had the Hake and she had chicken. As it was a scorcher of an evening we asked if we could take our dessert out the front and sit outside and so we did and sat there till the sun went in.,
All in all, a totally relaxing experience and even though I was only away for a night it felt like more than that. I would definitely recommend Woodlands House to anyone looking to stay in Adare. Its also a great base for touring and is not far from Shannon Airport. I can't wait to go back again!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated at the edge of the beautifully, quaint village of Adare, Co. Limerick, the Fitzgeralds Woodlands House Hotel in Limerick, is owned and managed by the Fitzgerald Family. As a member of Irish Country Hotels, it is part of the first hotel group to be received Guaranteed Irish membership. The hotel features the Fáilte Ireland Award Winning, Revas Spa, one of the most popular Spa Hotels in Limerick, and a fully equipped gym and leisure centre.The hotel is ideal for leisure breaks in Ireland, convenient for conference meetings and not to mention a stunning venue for your wedding. Join us and let our family look after yours. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Fitzgerald's Woodlands House Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fitzgeralds Woodlands Hotel
- Fitzgeralds Woodlands Adare