We used the Adare as a base for a week and took day trips all over the west side of Ireland in February. This was a great location to base out of. The local village is very charming but a little sleepy in the off season as much of Ireland is. There was still some live music to be found in Adare in February and one particularly great little pub that I wish I could remember the name. of. It was sunny and in the high 50's and people were golfing at the Manor.
We stayed on a package deal in one of the condos and it was a typical American style up and down town house with everything we needed. I would have loved to stay in the Manor which is the real charmer here. We walked all over the grounds and took lots of pictures inside and outside the Manor. This place is a photographers dream! We never ate at the Manor but did have a drink in the bar. Our package included breakfast at the Golf clubhouse which was very good. However, we did have an issue our first morning there that soured me for a day or two. We approached the dining room and waited to be seated. We told one person (not the host) we were there for breakfast and she said someone will be right with you. The host came by us and took several other people from all around us but did not seat us. He was no where to be seen for a few minutes so we sat in the lobby and waited. Again he shows up and seats someone else so finally I said something as we walked out without breakfast. He had seen us wandering around looking in the bar etc. and thought we were just looking so had not seated us. DUH... he could have asked instead of making us wait for 10 minutes and feel like fools. Anyway, we got over it and by the 3rd morning of our week stay were eating breakfast and it was very good. Just be sure to say "Hey I'm here for breakfast can I get a Table" cause just standing at the dining room door is NOT enough!
The door man at the Manor House was a lot of fun and we still chuckle when we look at our picture with him.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated in the lush heartlands of County Limerick, Adare Manor is one of Ireland's most evocative and spellbinding castle hotels. Steeped in exotic history and surrounded by medieval ruins, its 840-acre demesne is home to beautiful parklands, superb trout fishing on the river Maigue, and a renowned 18 hole championship golf course. Unique and individual accommodation, the best of contemporary Irish food in an incomparable setting, and the highest standards of modern hospitality are hallmarks of the Manor experience. Adare Manor is a 25 minute drive from Shannon International Airport. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Hotwire, TripOnline SA and Cancelon so you can book your Adare Manor reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Adare Manor Hotel And Golf Resort
- Adare Manor Hotel & Golf Adare
- Adare Manor Resort
- Adare Manor Ireland