“Great Central Location to Explore West Side of Ireland”
Review of Adare Manor

Adare Manor
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Adare
Brutus
“Great Central Location to Explore West Side of Ireland”
Reviewed September 19, 2009

We used the Adare as a base for a week and took day trips all over the west side of Ireland in February. This was a great location to base out of. The local village is very charming but a little sleepy in the off season as much of Ireland is. There was still some live music to be found in Adare in February and one particularly great little pub that I wish I could remember the name. of. It was sunny and in the high 50's and people were golfing at the Manor.

We stayed on a package deal in one of the condos and it was a typical American style up and down town house with everything we needed. I would have loved to stay in the Manor which is the real charmer here. We walked all over the grounds and took lots of pictures inside and outside the Manor. This place is a photographers dream! We never ate at the Manor but did have a drink in the bar. Our package included breakfast at the Golf clubhouse which was very good. However, we did have an issue our first morning there that soured me for a day or two. We approached the dining room and waited to be seated. We told one person (not the host) we were there for breakfast and she said someone will be right with you. The host came by us and took several other people from all around us but did not seat us. He was no where to be seen for a few minutes so we sat in the lobby and waited. Again he shows up and seats someone else so finally I said something as we walked out without breakfast. He had seen us wandering around looking in the bar etc. and thought we were just looking so had not seated us. DUH... he could have asked instead of making us wait for 10 minutes and feel like fools. Anyway, we got over it and by the 3rd morning of our week stay were eating breakfast and it was very good. Just be sure to say "Hey I'm here for breakfast can I get a Table" cause just standing at the dining room door is NOT enough!

The door man at the Manor House was a lot of fun and we still chuckle when we look at our picture with him.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank kcalmole

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (329)
  • Turkish first
Englewood, Florida
Reviewed September 18, 2009

This castle, built in the 1800s, though not ancient is absolutely magnificent. Not only is the building breathtaking, but the formal gardens are magnificent as is the setting next to a river with the golf course just the other side. The ruins of the old castle can be seen from the walkway between the hotel and river. As one might expect in a castle, the rooms may not quite rival those in the most modern hotels, but these came very, very close. The golf course that is part of the resort was great as well. When compared to something like the much older and more expensive Waterford Castle, Adare Manor is a hands down winner in every category except age.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank optiontrader
Anderson, Indiana
Reviewed September 17, 2009

We spent a week in Ireland at the American owned Resort in one of their "Villas". It is actually a superbly furnished townhome consisting of Three Bedrooms en suite, plus an additional downstairs bath, den, living area, dining area, kitchen, and 'conservatory' sitting room. The Manor House is a renovation of a 150 yr old mansion/castle that has been converted to a World Class resort along the lines of USA's Greenbriar and Homestead resorts in Virginia. It was a luxurious haven upon return from day trips in the beautiful country of Ireland, just south of Limerick City. Everything is immaculate and refined. The staff upon check-in are professional and attentive. The 840 acre estate is pleasant and quiet, teeming with wild life and a wonderful place to take walks.

We stayed on a package deal through a US agency who will go unnamed because I felt they lacked a certain amount of attentiveness once the package was paid for. The only negative I can say about Adare Manor was that it's food and drink services are meant for the very wealthy. Three cocktails after dinner resulted in a charge of about $15 each. We chose to imbibe in the charming village of Adare outside the walls of Adare Manor to keep more within our budget.

The accomodations in the Villas, about a 10-15 min. walk, or in our case, a two minute drive to the main Manor House, was a pure delight to call our 'home' for six nights. It is also a great base for day trips to Cork, Waterford, Ring of Kerry (a very long day), the Dingle Peninsula, The Burren and the Cliffs of Moher.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with friends
1 Thank LaserDean
Cardiff
Reviewed September 13, 2009

Adare Manor itself is beautiful and I'm sure deserves the 5 star reviews it gets.This review is purely of the golf lodges which in contrast are OK (clean well located etc) but nothing more than functional and nothing special for the price charged. So if you can negotiate a good rate then do go play the course itself (Adare Golf Club) whch is beautifully laid out in a lovely setting, but be aware that as you might expect in a resort course they certainly do know how to charge !

One further quick pointer - Adare Manor Golf Course is actually a separate members' course adjacent to the Adare Golf Club, which is the one attached to the hotel. Confusing isn't it ?

• Stayed September 2009
Limerick
Reviewed September 8, 2009

My husband and I live in Limerick so have not, as of yet, had the pleasure of staying the night in Adare Manor. We have however, had the incredible pleasure of dining at the oak room. For the true foodies amongst you I felt compelled to let you know about the wonderful experience that is eating in the Oak room at Adare manor.
Consistently, We leave here aching to return. From the moment one arrives you feel indulged and so very much taken care of (all too often this is not the case in so many restaurants).The team of people from the 'maitre d ' to the waiters are so proffessional, friendly and attentive. They manange to create a wonderful ambience helped along too by the beautiful surroundings, ( if it is a romantic meal for two you are hoping for, request the terrace area to dine beneath Gothic stone arches, behind cut stone windows and all by candlelight!!!!! It is just Magical!!!) This is just the beginning: the true brilliance ( and i do not say this lightly) lies behind their head chef and indeed the pastry chef , the food is just delicious from start to finish, every mouthful to be savoured, no course disappointed, rather,each left us excited at the prospect of what the next would bring. We have eaten here often and I can safely say that not once have we been in any way disappointed, I am perpetually amazed at our ability to even have the luck to be able to get a table at this magical restaurant. If you plan to stay at Adare Manor, I cannot recommend highly enough that you have at the very least, one night of experiencing dining at the Oak room, it is worth every penny and in my opinion excellent value for all that you recieve.( A tip from us : have a glass of champagne in the drawing room whilst salivating over the wonderful menu and wine list, they will take your order from there and show you to your table just as dinner is served!!).

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
2 Thank HelenaLimerick
Riverview, Florida
Reviewed August 28, 2009

My mother wanted to go to Ireland, so for her 82nd birthday, my husband and myself took my mother. The Adare manor is a perfect example of the beauty of Ireland.

We stayed in the Villas. The Villa had a handicap bathroom for my mother right off of her bedroom. The other bedrooms had individual bathrooms inside each of the other bedrooms. All of the rooms were very large.

The staff was outstanding. We had a problem with the refrigerator in the Villa. I let maintenance know of the problem...and within 15 minutes they replaced the refrigerator. I can't get that kind of service here in the states!

During my walk around the grounds I found a VietNam war memorial and a pet cemetry.

We celebrated my mom's birthday with a dinner at the manor. It definately was a 5 star dinner.

Although the pictures of the Adare Manor webpage cannot capture the beauty...I would highly recommend the Adare Manor to anyone.

• Stayed August 2009
1 Thank JoJo2396
Chester,WV
Reviewed August 17, 2009

My wife and I visited Adare Manor in August 2008 on our 39th anniversary and had such a wonderful time we decided to return with our daughter, son-in-law and three grandchildren. The second time was even better than the first. All the staff in Ireland and Mary the US rep in FL took care of every request we asked. Guillaume was a perfect assistant to help me present my suprise gift to my wife during our 40th anniversary dinner.
Outstanding staff in a magnificent country estate resort . The villas provided the exact accommodations for our family and the location was just right for day trips to the SW. Two thumbs up!

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank MLVI
Also consider these accommodations in or near Adare
Fitzgerald's Woodlands House Hotel
No. 1 Pery Square Hotel & Spa
Absolute Hotel
Absolute Hotel
#1 of 20 in Limerick

Been to Adare Manor? Share your experiences!