We just returned from a 5 night trip to this beautiful hotel. The building and grounds are stunning. I can't say enough about how wonderful the entire staff was during our stay. They were uniformly friendly and helpful. By the second day they were all calling us by name and knew our room number and preferences. Pat at the front desk will keep you laughing.
We stayed in a standard room on the first floor. It was large and comfortable. The bathrooms could do with an update, the small pedestal sink with separate faucets for hot and cold water were annoying, especially with 2 people. Being an old manor house, there is no closet in the room. Everything had to fit in the wardrobe with 2 small drawers at the bottom. There are only 62 rooms, so it was always quiet.
The spa is small but they have a nice assortment of facials that were very good. It is a nice way to spend the morning while the men played golf.
The restaurant serves a lovely continental breakfast in the mornings with several hot items available off the menu. Afternoon tea is served daily, but we were never there to enjoy it. We all enjoyed drinks in The Tack Room with live music nightly.
It is a 10 minute walk to the gates of town. You will find cute shops, pubs and nice restaurants there. We had a delicious meal at the Blue Door, fresh salmon and lamb chops.
Adare is a great place to stay while you explore southwest Ireland. We took day trips to the Cliffs of Morh, Cork and Waterford. Waterford was over 2 hours and might be easier to visit from another location.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated in the lush heartlands of County Limerick, Adare Manor is one of Ireland's most evocative and spellbinding castle hotels. Steeped in exotic history and surrounded by medieval ruins, its 840-acre demesne is home to beautiful parklands, superb trout fishing on the river Maigue, and a renowned 18 hole championship golf course. Unique and individual accommodation, the best of contemporary Irish food in an incomparable setting, and the highest standards of modern hospitality are hallmarks of the Manor experience. Adare Manor is a 25 minute drive from Shannon International Airport. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Cancelon, Hotwire and TripOnline SA so you can book your Adare Manor reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Adare Manor Hotel And Golf Resort
- Adare Manor Hotel & Golf Adare
- Adare Manor Resort
- Adare Manor Ireland