“first class restaurant”
Review of The Arches

The Arches
Ranked #5 of 21 Restaurants in Adare
Cuisines: International
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Families with children, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed March 23, 2013

Was travelling through Adare and decided to stop for evening meal. Happened to park outside the Arches and decided to eat there. What a good choice.While deciding what to order we were given a basket of most beautiful brown bread.More was offered later but we declined. Decided to have 4 course which was very reasonably priced at €26. Very pleasant "manager/owner?" took our order. We both decided on starter of goat cheese with trimmings which was excellent. Main courses were great tasting medium rare steak and pork . These were accompanied with lovely veg and portions of mashed and roast potato and chips. Desserts were brandy trifle with a large amount of brandy and apple pie. Have to say if I had any complaint it was the pie. After such a delightful meal I was expecting more but it was ok. Tea and coffee finished off a lovely visit to the Arches. Lovely staff were always attentive . Would recommend a visit if stopping in the lovely Adare.

1  Thank John C

Reviewed March 12, 2013

So accommodating. Went out of their way too make sure we were completely satisfied every step of the way. Even served our party of six a complimentary after dinner drink. definitely worth a stop.

2  Thank JamesonPowers
Reviewed December 8, 2012

After walking around Adare for about an hour looking for a place to eat, we decided on the Arches. Our chicken and stuffing and Pork Chop entree were ok, but they knowingly served us old mashed potatoes because they were brought to the table and then the waiter said, I will get you some chips, even before we had tasted them. Could have just been a bad night for the kitchen staff.

Reviewed October 21, 2012

In Ireland in September 2012 - we walked the lovely streets of Adare deciding where we would eat dinner. Luckily for us we stopped at Arches - so very happy with our decision.
We had the 3-part dinner selection - I had the delicious stuffed chicken (can't remember what my husband ate - I was too busy with my supper!! ( I think it may have been the roast pork tenderloin) Regardless, our salads were great - with diced strawberries, kiwi and really fresh greens. Generous portions - we also had a reasonably priced bottle of wine (from France).
We were so happy when the owner (Mary) of the restaurant came around and asked us if we had enjoyed our meal - how often does that happen??? e shared a good laugh about our shared name. We also made small talk with our host, Joe (?) and he mentioned that his brother (Jim?) was the chef.
We enjoyed a leisurely dinner - never felt rushed - in fact, we gabbed it up so much with Joe he graciously came out with cordials of Bailey's for us - on the house. Again, how often does this happen?
I highly recommend that anyone in Adare to stop at Arches - you will be very, very happy.If I could, I would give Arches 6 stars.
Also, the total charge for two full meals (3-course) and a bottle of very good wine was 72 euros.

4  Thank marybRIUSA
Reviewed October 1, 2012

The food was just like out of your mom's kitchen. Delicious and ample. The owner gave us personal attention even though we were late diners and holding up closing time. Very good and hearty! Great food for the price.

3  Thank lineygirl