“A gem in the heart of Adare”
Review of Aunty Lena's

Aunty Lena's
Ranked #9 of 21 Restaurants in Adare
Cuisines: Irish, Pub, Gastropub
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Aunty Lena's Bar situated in Adare Village arguably the prettiest village in Ireland was established in 1806 and has famously served the needs of its patrons with great success. Our highly skilled kitchen team serve delicious traditional Irish food all day and in tandem with that our bar stocks an extensive selection of beers, wines and the finest Irish whiskeys to help wash the meal down with. Our customers are a mix of local people and visiting tourists who we are more than happy to cater for with our own brand of superior customer service. Our large LCD High Definition TVs provide our customers with the perfect place to view all of the major sporting events (especially Munster, Limerick & Adare matches) live, in full comfort and with an atmosphere that you have to experience to believe. We also have live traditional music sessions every Friday night where audience participation is a must and people travel far and wide to experience this 'Lenas' Craic! We have also hosted some of the new and established live bands from around the region as we believe strongly in providing the best possible entertainment for our patrons, if they're happy then so are we!
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed August 6, 2014 via mobile

Stopped here twice in one day with our football team, a great atmosphere, place was buzzing on bank holiday Monday. We had tea in the morning and on our way back that evening there was a choice of beer battered fish, and burgers. I can honestly say that the fish & chips were second to none, and although the place was jammers we were seated quickly and the service was very efficient, every time we travel through adare we stop at aunty lena's. Highly recommend this place

Reviewed August 4, 2014

The worst fish chips and cold mushy peas I've ever had. The fish was so hard! Could not eat it!When I complained to one of the barmen (this took a while as both barmen looked as if they were not interested in being there: v slow service) he said he'd pass my comment onto kitchen then other barman rudely interrupted and sourly stated it wasn't his fault! I have never come across such ignorance my husband asked for the manager and was told he was away for the week. Really sorry we paid the worst place I have ever been in.

2  Thank blanid q
Reviewed July 22, 2014

After spending time in beautiful Adare where there are many fantastic boutiques I droppen in to Aunty Lena's for food. The service was fantastic, a very friendly and helpful girl served me. The place was packed but I did not have to wait long for my beautiful food. When you are visiting Adare I recommend that you call in for food or a drink. There is seating outside too if perhaps you would prefer to watch the world go by over a drink or coffee.

1  Thank HarleylassCork
Reviewed July 20, 2014

Arrived with two small children the bar was full there was a hen party and lots of tourists there, we got one of the last tables available. We ordered our lunch which consisted of Cesear Salad, Mexican Chicken salad and chips, a portion of chips and nuggets and a single portion of chips..it took a full half hour for the food to be served which if you were a group of adults there drinking for the day would be nothing but when you are travelling with two young hungry tired children a half hour can feel like an eternity. The food was tasty but there was nothing ordered that should have taken sooooo long to be served. The couple behind us ordered five minutes after us and just received there order as we were leaving...

2  Thank b00b0
Reviewed July 19, 2014 via mobile

passing through the beautiful village of adare stopped off the well known aunty lenas for a quick bite and a drink waitress informed us that kitchen was closed but did offer a sandwich but we just opted for a drink. the bar man wasn't overly friendly too interested in his phone!
when we eventually ordered our drink which was 2 half pints of bulmers we received our drinks in two slim Jim glasses i would expect for a well known establishment that the bar staff would at least know the proper glasses for each drink....!!!

3  Thank Sinead M