“Friend insisted I try. One and done!”
Review of Aunty Lena's

Aunty Lena's
Ranked #12 of 22 Restaurants in Adare
Cuisines: Irish, Pub, Gastropub
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Aunty Lena's Bar situated in Adare Village arguably the prettiest village in Ireland was established in 1806 and has famously served the needs of its patrons with great success. Our highly skilled kitchen team serve delicious traditional Irish food all day and in tandem with that our bar stocks an extensive selection of beers, wines and the finest Irish whiskeys to help wash the meal down with. Our customers are a mix of local people and visiting tourists who we are more than happy to cater for with our own brand of superior customer service. Our large LCD High Definition TVs provide our customers with the perfect place to view all of the major sporting events (especially Munster, Limerick & Adare matches) live, in full comfort and with an atmosphere that you have to experience to believe. We also have live traditional music sessions every Friday night where audience participation is a must and people travel far and wide to experience this 'Lenas' Craic! We have also hosted some of the new and established live bands from around the region as we believe strongly in providing the best possible entertainment for our patrons, if they're happy then so are we!
Reviewed January 19, 2014

Went to this establishment for dinner at the insistence of a friend during a lovely first time visit to Ireland. In Adare had a lovely lunch at Pat Collins. Came to Aunty's for dinner and encountered slow service, a rude waitperson, and ultimately terrible food. Perhaps this could all be explained away with the manager being out of town. However, after having such a fantastic lunch, and my friends rave reviews of this place I was very much looking forward to the dinner. As noted, service was slow and impersonal. I ordered a Caesar salad which came with a non-traditional dressing. Only when I informed the waitperson that it did not have the traditional flavor of a Caesar dressing was I advised that it is a special recipe for the restaurant. When I advised that information is not noted on the menu and I would therefore have no way of knowing, the waitperson told me she was sorry, but that she couldn't remove the charge from my bill simply because I did not like their homemade special Caesar salad dressing. She offered to allow me to order something else, but I would still have to pay for the food I was returning. I immediately left and went to the Pat Collins pub down the street where I fully enjoyed everything including the people who earlier in the day, went out of their way to ensure that I enjoyed everything they provided and I had not one complaint. This dinner was my only bad experience during my entire stay in Ireland.

2  Thank absolut-swifty

Reviewed January 12, 2014

We had a grand time lunching in this pub. The decor was beautiful. The bar staff and servers were very friendly and fun! The food was excellent!

1  Thank Karen Z
Reviewed December 22, 2013

This was the first pub we went to after our arrival in Ireland in 2009, then again this year. Service is good, nice pub atmosphere, food is ok-good enough that we have eaten here 4 times. Had traditional Irish breakfast twice, lunch & dinner. A bit sentimental about this place because it was the first Irish pub we ever went to.

Reviewed December 20, 2013

We enjoyed eating here. I think between the two trips, we ate here
four times. It was convenient, reasonably priced with great service. All of the service was extremely friendly and helpful if we had questions about things to do .

Reviewed December 8, 2013

Well happened to stop inon friday evening at 8pm ordered a burger meal and turkey and ham roast dinner burger was cold and bread still slightly frozen turkey was chewy cooked last christmas i dnt cause a fuss we just paid and left as bar was very busy with drinkers wouldnt stop again feel sorry for americans who like a good homemade burger as this is not most stuff came out of a packet or bag potatoes were lumpy and cold distusting to be honest !!!go hungry rather than stop here again !