“The perfect Pub atmosphere”

Sean Collins & Sons Bar
Ranked #2 of 19 Restaurants in Adare
Cuisines: Bar
Good for: Families with children, Bar scene, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Seán Collins & Sons bar is a traditional Irish Bar on the Main Street of Adare. Along with serving the best Guinness in Adare Seán Collins & Sons bar also serves a range of local craft beers, a great range of Wines and a large selection of internatinal spirits. The Bar also has a large menu and provided customers with a varied range of food options to suit all tastes. Seán Collins & Sons bar is an owner/operated bar and Seán is always on hand to serve and chat with customers. Be sure to call by when your in Adare. We are looking forward to meeting you.
Charlotte
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“The perfect Pub atmosphere”
Reviewed July 24, 2009

My wife and both of my daughters and their husbands stayed at Adare Manor for one week. In that week we sampled all of the pubs in town. Although Sean Collins Pub is a farther walk than other pubs in town it is definitely worth the extra steps. We found Sean Collins Pub the second night and went back three more times because of the food, friendly atmosphere and overall pub experience. The menu was limited as most pubs are but the taste and quality of the food was great, especially the fish and chips.
Sean Collins could not have been friendlier. He always had time to talk with us and give us insight to Irish background and customs. One night we decided to go to Dingle the next day and Sean wrote out explicit directions to get us around any delays along the way. If we or anyone we know is going to Adare we will definitely recommend Sean Collins and Sons Pub. CHEERS to Sean!!

1 Thank nctraveller46
bearcollins, Owner at Sean Collins & Sons Bar, responded to this review, September 15, 2009
Hello There Charlotte- Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review on Tripadvisor. Being Irish I love the country and have spent some time traveling around most of it so it seems only right to impart the information that I have with you and other guests. Adare is a wonderful place with its great selection of restaurants, bars, cafes and shops. It also has some great historical buildings like churches and indeed Adare Manor. I really enjoy working in my bar and am here most of the time which is great for me as I get to meet some fantastic people from all over the world. Bridie and I are building our business and will be developing the food side of the business over the next year or so. Our menu is simple and our restaurant The Pink Potato has been long established. Our motto is to provide a true Irish Pub experience and we are delighted you experienced that with us. Thank you so much again and we hope to see you again sometime.

• Hebrew first
South Bend, Indiana
“Great pub food and value in Adare Village”
Reviewed July 20, 2009

Our family of 5 (including 3 very hungry adolescent/young adult boys) traveled to Adare in early June, staying at Adare manor. We walked into the village some of the nights and must recommend Sean Collins & Sons. The menu is simple but the food delicious and a great value. The fish and chips were great, the boys thought the pizza was first rate. Sean was very hospitable and helpful. If walking into the village from the Manor you have to walk just a few steps past the main crossroads in Adare but it is well worth it!

NH
“You MUST go to Sean Collins & Sons. The perfect Irish Pub experience!”
Reviewed July 15, 2009

We traveled to Ireland for a week in July and stayed at the Adare Manor. We went to Sean Collins on our first night after a LONG day of traveling. Sean greeted us when we entered and sat down with us to give travel ideas for the week. He even wrote down the name of a pub in another town that his friend owned as well as travel ideas and things to see! Seam told us there was live music on Mondays so we returned on our last night in Adare and had a wonderful time listening to Traditional Irish Music. Sean was warm, welcoming,and poured a great pint of Guinness. You MUST go to Sean and Son's if you're in Adare!

jg28210
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“By far the best pub in Adare”
Reviewed July 5, 2009

If you are looking for a traditional Irish pub with great food and friendly service, then you need to visit Sean Collins & and Sons Bar. We recently returned from a week at Adare Manor with my wife's family. The six of us were in search of a great place to eat, hear traditional Irish music, and learn more about Ireland from the locals. We had a few dissapointing experiences along the way (Aunty Lena's), then decided to walk just a few extra yards down the road in Adare and found Sean's bar. Sean himself immediately greeted us and took an interest in our family and vacation. We quickly found that he provides the friendliest atmosphere and serves the best pub food in Adare.

After tiring trips around Ireland throughout the week, we ended our night at this pub most of the time. Along with the great food and beer selection, the hospitality was the best we had in all of Ireland. Sean took the time to provide us detailed directions and advice on several of our day trips, allowing us to see the best scenary in Ireland. He definately went out of his way to make us feel very welcome.

A few notes:

... get the fish and chips (fresh, best in Adare, and very inexpensive)
... if your tired of fish and chips, the pizza is fantastic!
... if you have a question, about anything, just ask! ... you're going to get a kind and honest answer.

1 Thank jg28210
Sydney
“Great Pub, Must have caught this, "fantastic host" on a bad day!!”
Reviewed May 10, 2009

Hi, I visited Adare for a typically Irish experience in the public houses of Adare. I did however happen to live in the Village between 2005 and 2008. I would put a lot of my hard earned cash into the accounts of the local publicans and always got an exceptional welcome whenever I entered. On one occasion however the usually hospitable Mr. S Collins didn't greet me in his usual manner. I walked in with my old crowd of friends after a few months away and his welcome was to say, "For ****'s sake, You're not back around are you". It was with heartbreaking disappointment that this old friend would treat me in such a manner and I was very hurt indeed. All I can say is, Sean, I forgive you, and I will always love you. Noone is perfect, I hope the recession bypasses your empire, You are a great man, and one of Adare's finest. See you soon, Streffx

bearcollins, owner at Sean Collins & Sons Bar, responded to this review, October 20, 2009
Hello there Streff- Great to hear from you again. I hope your career is going well- Bridie and I hope that all is well with you and we miss seeing you in Adare. We had such a good night- your last night in Adare- and we were sad to hear that you were moving on again from Adare. Thank you for your great custom and humour while you worked in Adare- we had some great nights with you in Sean Collins & Sons Bar. Wishing you the very best in your career and hopefully we will be able to meet up again someday. Best of luck- Sean and Bridie