“Recommended in Adare”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of The Blue Door

The Blue Door
Ranked #2 of 19 Restaurants in Adare
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Families with children, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Free Wifi, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Markham, Canada
“Recommended in Adare”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2014

This restaurant was recommended by our B & B hostess as the one we had originally wanted to go to was closed. We were very glad as the food was quite good. The venue is charming and the service very good as well. I actually ended up eating more than I usually do as I couldn't resist the dessert menu. Prices were the same as most places in Ireland, not cheap by any means. Actually I found the desserts a bit pricey considering its location as our B&B was very reasonably priced. However, the food was very good and as you are on holiday might as well spend what it is.

1 Thank DesignatedPlanner

Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
“Best thing I ever ate”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 27, 2014

We happened upon the blue door as it was a Monday and many of the other restaurants were closed. I was delighted by how delicious everything was. I ordered the three course early-bird special. It started with a tomato and buffalo mozzarella tart that was without a doubt, the best thing I have ever eaten. The main course was a spinach and ricotta canneloni - also delicious. And a vanilla Panna Cotta for desert. Not a single bad thing that I can say about this place. The staff was friendly, service was fast, and everyone had a delicious meal!! If you happen to be in the small town of Adare, The Blue Door is a must visit!!

2 Thank Katherine K
Los Angeles, California
“great food, kind people”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 21, 2014

Our meal at the Blue Door occurred because of a flat. We walked in to try and figure out what to do next and discovered a wonderful restaurant. All three courses were excellent. The duck was simply amazing as was the sticky butterscotch toffee dessert. This restaurant would do very well in any major city.

Also the staff were extremely kind: recommending people who could help us and even loaning us a phone so that we could arrange for repairs. They helped turn what could have been a very unpleasant time into a lovely adventure.

2 Thank 33trav99lert
Adare, Ireland
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fantastic Service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 19, 2014

The village of Adare is beautiful! We had supper at The Blue Door Restaurant. Our server Grace was professional, but personable. The food was excellent. My friend dining with me has several food allergies. Grace took the time to check on all we had ordered to make sure we would not have any problems. People don't take allergies seriously, we have spent too many hours in emergency rooms because of it.
We will remember our trip to Ireland, fondly. Grace, Thank you for your pleasant demeanor and your hospitality.
Mr. Brian Hayes, proprietor, I hope you realize what a gem you have in Grace as one of your employees.

Respectfully,
Duane Allen Bales

1 Thank Dab72653
Brownstown Township, Michigan
“Very Good Dinner”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 18, 2014

My wife and I had a delicious meal at this restaurant in May of 2014. I ordered the salmon which came with two different sauces, both of which were excellent. My wife had the duck which was even better than the salmon. The side dishes were unremarkable but sadly that was the case with most of our meals in Ireland. I can strongly recommend this restaurant for the duck and salmon. I will note the service was attentive and friendly but very casual. It did not bother us but some diners may be put off by the informality of the servers.

• Visited May 2014