“Great Food”

Wild Geese Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 21 Restaurants in Adare
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Description: The Wild Geese restaurant is centrally located in the historic village of Adare Co.Limerick, occupying one of the original thatched cottages dating from the 1820's. The restaurant, with its beautiful doll-like settings, lends itself to a relaxing and atmospheric fine dining experience with seating for up to sixty people. The perfect venue for pre and post wedding parties, romantic meals and ideal for a business dinner to showcase the best of locally sourced food. Menus and opening hours are available on our website.
Reviewed July 16, 2014

This is a very pleasant comfortable restaurant serving high class food. Service was wonderful and the food was everything you would expect from a restaurant with high standards. Will definately return

1  Thank Recharge20

Reviewed July 12, 2014

Lovely little building with an impressive array of awards. The place exudes charm and isn't trying to be anything it's not. We went with a picky 12 year old who the waitress spoke to to figure out what she might eat and then they prepared a simple plate for her without any fuss. The food is top notch and inventive without being daunting.

1  Thank Mike G
Reviewed July 6, 2014

The Wild Geese is our go-to restaurant for family celebrations and I can say that we have never been disappointed. The dinner menu is great value and the food is of such a high standard. Today I was there with my family for Sunday lunch. The lunch menu is super value 2 courses €20 and 3 courses for €25. There is an excellent choice of starters, mains and desserts. The quality of the food is outstanding and the portions are very generous so you will not be leaving this restaurant hungry. I cant pick out my favourite dish on the menu as everything I have tasted is superb. I am already looking forward to my next visit!

Reviewed July 4, 2014

Loved the setting and decor of restaurant...on arrival staff were very friendly and attentive. The food was absolutely lovely, I had the Brie followed by the salmon and loved the presentation as well as flavours....it's true to say our group all raved about the food and not forgetting the house wine, we chose a red which was perfect and very reasonable, I think 24€.
The only thing of note is that whilst good service is always appreciated we found that the starter and main courses were served very quickly, our orders were taken while we sat downstairs and almost immediately upon being seated out starters arrived, not a problem however our mains arrived only moments after our starter plates were cleared, it would have been nice to have had a longer break in between courses, if nothing else so that we could have really appreciated the food served to us....that said I wouldn't let it put me off going back. Feel mean knocking off a star....

Reviewed July 3, 2014 via mobile

I ate in this restaurant on the 1st July 2014 and while the food was excellent the service was abysmal. No traditional Irish friendliness, no enquiries as to how our meal was, no offer of a dessert menu. When we finally attracted the attention of the waitress and asked for coffee it was planked down on table without a word. No milk and tasted and looked like coloured water. Twenty minutes later milk arrived and we returned coffee saying it was undrinkable. There was no apology, coffee was charged for, we did not pay. No expression of regret for bad service . I visit Ireland regularly and look forward to the courtesy and welcome that is the tradition. There was no welcome here and 'though food was good it was impossible to enjoy the experience.

2  Thank Mary T