“Beautiful Food in Relaxed Friendly Surroundings”

Wild Geese Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 22 Restaurants in Adare
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: The Wild Geese restaurant is centrally located in the historic village of Adare Co.Limerick, occupying one of the original thatched cottages dating from the 1820's. The restaurant, with its beautiful doll-like settings, lends itself to a relaxing and atmospheric fine dining experience with seating for up to sixty people. The perfect venue for pre and post wedding parties, romantic meals and ideal for a business dinner to showcase the best of locally sourced food. Menus and opening hours are available on our website.
Reviewed August 8, 2011

My wife and I visited the Wild Geese recently for dinner. Having been previously for Sunday lunch, we knew a treat awaited us. The welcome was friendly and we were given plenty of time to look over the menu. The choices were excellent. The breads were exceptional and the staff took time to prepare a gluten free choice for my wife. The starters and main courses were beautifully prepared and presented and tasted magnificent! The scallops and black pudding starter was exceptional while the rack of lamb was cooked to perfection. The fish selection main course had a great variety of well cooked fish with everything from prawns to crab claws to seabass. Great value for money especially the early bird menu. We will definitely be back! Well done Julie, David and staff!

2  Thank Mungret291

Reviewed July 10, 2011

Very good dinner. We stopped in late, about 10pm but the manager checked with the chef and let us come in. We sat in a cozy bar area with comfy chairs while they served us drinks and took our order. Great wine selection. We were then taken to our table in the cute dining room. Looks like they only have 7 tables. We received a goat cheese app complimentary, which was delicious. Our apps and entres were very good. It seemed like the non-seafood items were better. I liked the duck spring rolls and the lamb entree was very tasty. The creme brule dessert was non-traditional, but vert good. Waitress was very nice and attentive even though we were the last table of the night.

3  Thank ToryS1211
Reviewed July 5, 2011

Hadn't reserved a table but luckily they could facilitate us .Gorgeous seafood-chowder is very special,I suspect prepared to order and luscious crab claws.Scallops for me-succulent mmm and salmon for Mum,very generous plates which meant reluctantly foregoing dessert.A special spot that eschews stuffiness for cosy warm atmosphere.

2  Thank Discerning68
Reviewed June 2, 2011

This restaurant is not all that. Please do not cancel any plans to go eat here. Food is average and overpriced. Service is average.
When you go in they sit you in a cozy room, offer drinks and complete your order, then you are showed to your table.
Everything very basic.
My wife had the steak,I had the lamb and my kids had the chicken. The best dish was the chicken. Maybe people that do not go out often and have a mediocre palate like this food.
Do not get me wrong, if you would like to eat something different in Ireland, this food is, but I would recommend to stick with the food at the Oakroom in Adare Manor. that is true fine dining.

4  Thank ltorres93
Reviewed May 18, 2011

Based on a recommendation by Adare locals we dined at The Wild Geese restaurant during a recent weekend break. The idyllic setting and impeccable service were impressive. It is always a pleasure when travelling to dine in a restaurant with locally sourced dishes cooked to perfection. It made our stay in Adare and we will definitely be back!

4  Thank niamhf