“an excellent experience....”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Carrick-on-Shannon
Cryan's Quay Side Hotel
“an excellent experience....”
Reviewed February 4, 2008

I am shocked to read of some of the previous reviews Cryan's has recieved!My partner and I stayed over a weekend in January and we was plesantly surprised at the quality of service we recieved during our stay.

The hotel itself is a credit to the manager and the staff even moreso....every need was catered for,and the food,although at first seeming basic,was beautiful and great value for money.
There is a wonderful atmosphere in the establishment which is worth a visit in itself!

I thoroughly recommend.

• Liked — Friendliness of staff
  • Disliked — Delay in waiting to be seated forr food reservations
  • Stayed January 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Ireland
Reviewed January 11, 2008

My husband took me for a week for our 30th Wedding Anniversary and I have to say I had a fantastic time, and am looking forward to going back next year! I found the staff very freindly and efficient, and the food was marvellous! The portions! Great value for money, you certainly wouldn't be hungry afterwards! I found the hotel as pleasant as I found Carrick On Shannon! A lovely stay.

• Liked — Location was nice and central.
  • Stayed December 2007, traveled as a couple
galway
Reviewed January 7, 2008

We booked into this hotel for a Saturday night stay in January. Upon check - in we were asked to settle up for the room even though we had secured the booking by credit card. We were quite taken aback by this but didn`t want to create a fuss and paid up . The hotel looked nice and modern and we thought "how bad can it be?!".

How very wrong we were! The walls are paper thin. There were three windows in the room (room 105) and the noise from people exiting the nightclub started at about half one in the morning and continued until about half four. There were five buses underneath the windows at one stage of the morning. It was about five in the morning before we got any sleep.

The thing that infuriated me was the fact that the hotel were well aware of this problem - hence the early payment.

When we checked out the following day we asked for the owner. The lady behind the desk informed us that she wasn`t there. We spotted her a minute later and approached her. She pretended to be amazed at the noise problem - the first she ever heard of it?!We eventually managed to secure a full refund which was something , but I `m sure many people aren`t so lucky.

Do NOT stay in this hotel unless you plan to stay up until half four in the morning because you won`t get any sleep until then!

• Stayed January 2008, traveled as a couple
3 Thank protelos
Reviewed December 12, 2007

Myself and my boyfriend went to Carrick on Shannon for a friend's wedding and decided to stay the whole weekend.

I rang the hotel the night before and asked if we could have early check in (to get ready for the wedding) the friendly receptionist was most helpful and there was no problem with checking in early.

Arrived at the hotel 10am the next day our room was ready (and what a room) lovely big bed, flat screen telly, and three big windows overlooking the river shannon (amazing view!). The room was spottless.

The next day, breakfast was served till 11am (so we could have a lie in). That evening I went down to reception to book a table for dinner but the restaurant was booked up - but they managed to fit us in and we have a fabulous meal, friendly staff and good service.

The last morning we were to check out (check out time 12pm) and the receptionist said there was no hurry and we could have a lie in if we wanted.

Lovely hotel all round, staff, room, bar, restaurant - very impressed, will definitely go back

• Liked — The bed as sooooo comfortable
  • Disliked — Can't think of anything
  • Stayed December 2007, traveled as a couple
Wexford
Reviewed September 1, 2007

My husband and I stayed in Cryan's new hotel in carrick on shannon this weekend. When we checked in we were greated by friendly staff. She asked if we wanted an evening meal and endevored to fit us in even though the restaurant was fully booked. We had a fantastic meal and the hotel was very modern and lovely. It was €69pps for the room and well worth it. The room we were in had a lovely view of the river shannon. We requested room service and the receptionist seen to us straight away even though they dont actually do room service. She explained the were only newly open and hadn't arranged some of the facilities yet. Still they were all very helpful and friendly and i will definetly be coming back for another weekend away there.

• Liked — The room was lovely and the staff were so nice
  • Disliked — The hotel across the road had a wedding on with big crowds
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled as a couple
1 Thank switchevf
Reviewed August 26, 2007

We are just back from spending a night in Cryans. When booking we booked into the old part of the B&B as it was half the price of the new hotel. Even at half the price it was way too expensive for the standard of accommodation (€70 per room).
The rooms were small rickety and grubby. There is no en-suite in the old section with 6-7 double rooms sharing one shower and toilet which were in need of repair. The toilet seat went from being attached to on the floor during our stay (nothing to do with us), the shower was filthy and a barely a dribble of water coming out. The smell of the rooms and hall way was vile, stale and disgusting. The whole place could do with a good clean!

Breakfast was served in the new part of the hotel, while breakfast itself was alright the service was slow and unhelpful. Even in the new hotel section the toilets were still in need of cleaning from the night before, no toilet paper, towels strewn about. The dining room also had a distinct smell of sewage; we wondered whether that was as a result of the waterfront setting or general need for a clean.

All in all I would never recommend staying in the old part of the hotel and would probably not stay in the new section either.

• Liked — nothing
  • Disliked — filthy
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled with friends
2 Thank moisaway
Reviewed August 15, 2007

I stayed in this hotel over the weekend and I was very disappointed.
The hotel is newly openend and the rooms are nice but not worth the 140
eur a night charge. The dinner which I booked for 9.30 and did not get a
table until 10.30 was awful. The food is very basic but they cannot
seem to manage that.
The room was cold and the noise from the road was terrible. I was awake
for the whole night due to the noise of car's and trucks on the road.
Then the nightclub across the road closed and it was like having a
crowd of people in the room with us. The noise was terrible. What surprised
me was the porter (if there is one?) did not go out and move them
along from outside the window.
The following morning the cleaner came into the room without even
knocking on the door! When I complained I was told there was nothing they
could do about outside noise. I said that for 140 eur a night I would
expect to be advised that there was a nighclub across the road and it may
be noisy.
I was assured that I would get a phone call from the manager. That was
Saturday and I called again on Monday and was assured the same thing.
It is Tuesday now and I have still not heard from the hotel.
All in all the whole experience was very disapointing. I would never
stay there again and would certainely not recommend. I am in the process
of trying to find a complaint website with the Irish Tourist board. I
do not understand why we should be ripped when trying to holiday in
Ireland.

• Stayed August 2007, traveled as a couple
3 Thank 22O
Also consider these accommodations in or near Carrick-on-Shannon
Carrick Plaza Suites
#1 of 1 in Drumshanbo
The Townhouse
The Townhouse
#8 of 21 in Carrick-on-Shannon

Been to Cryan's Quay Side Hotel? Share your experiences!