“Worst meal in long time not recommend”
Review of Shamrat

Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed August 7, 2013

I would not recommend this place. no wine license, no atmosphere . Food was terrible ,We ordered green curry and chicken tikka masala . Curry arrived in a soup bowl looked like Green porridge with soft "chicken" that was obviously pre cooked and dropped into sauce. Tikka was as bad . It was barely edible. Naan bread and rice were ok. Staff were friendly.

Reviewed May 20, 2013

I visited Shamrat last weekend with a group of friends. We were a little wary on arrival as there were no other customers there when we arrived (and none came). The waiter showed us to our table, brought some popadums and left. No one came near us for what seemed like an age and we were very ready for food when our order was finally taken. It was disappointing to hear they didnt serve alcohol and everyone except me ordered a cola instead. I asked for water instead. We later learned they are happy for people to bring their own and it would have been good if the waiter had told us.
When (eventually) the drinks came there were in a glass with ice and lemon. One of the group likes neither but he was so thirsty at this stage he drank it anyway fearing another wait. The waiter brought me a cola as well which I had to politely decline.
Then came the long wait for our food. The sizzling dishes came first followed by the rest. Once everyone except me had got their food, there was one dish left which didnt match up with my selection. The waiter returned to the kitchen and came back insisting it was what I ordered. I reluctantly accepted the dish and asked for my water again.
Finally the waiter gave us plates by which time the sizzling dishes were almost cold (as was the naan bread). I can only describe my meal as one of the blandest I have ever had. Think chicken coated with butter and cream. Not the aromatic ginger, spice and coriander the menu promised. General consensus was that each dish could be described as "average" at best.
We quickly finished and asked for the bill. After another wait, we paid cash and left.
Despite this being possibly the worst culinary experience I have ever had, on the positive side, the staff were polite.

Reviewed May 16, 2013

Okay, not may Indian diners in Carrick but this place ticks all the boxes.
Menu is varied but perhaps could be enhanced by offering some SET DINNERS.
Service is prompt and efficient. And the price is right.
Strangely, it probably doesn't do as well as it should - the three or four times we visited, it was easy enough to get a table on weekend nights.

Reviewed May 12, 2013

Great food, lovely staff, definitely go! We didn't realise that it was byo so that's my best tip!
Enjoy!

Reviewed March 5, 2013

We eat in the Shamrat regularly and always enjoy both our meals and the friendly staff. The only restaurant in the area where we dont feel ripped off. No problem in bringing your own wine or beer and no corkage is charged. Definitely recommend.