All reviewshen partymichael collinscoffee shopold world charmresidents barexcellent hotelreception deskfamily reunionon arrivalfood was lovelystaff were so friendlythe main streetcentre of townnext morningmoon riverplenty of parkingfamily room
Reviewed December 17, 2012 via mobile

I have stayed here a couple of times before and I will most definitely stay again. Location couldn't be any better and the staff and service are top notch. Big thanks to dee at the front desk for all her help. (especially after leaving my car keys behind)

• Stayed: December 2012
2  Thank tango24778
Reviewed November 9, 2012

Stayed in the Bush Hotel for one night on 7/11/12. This hotel is very central and does not look great from the outside. However, if you stay you will be pleasantly surprised. It has a warm and inviting atmosphere and the rooms are very spacious. I booked a single room which was €55 for B&B and had a double and single bed and oceans of space besides. The room was very clean and the bed comfortable. The hotel itself gives you a sense of history. The food is very reasonable as well as being as good if not better than some posher hotels I have stayed in. As for the breakfast, it seems you can have as much as you want of everything. Above all though, the thing that most impressed was the hospitality and you felt that the staff could not do enough for you. My compliments to the barman and the lady who waited on us at breakfast. I would definitely recommend this hotel and stay there again myself. The only reason I am not giving it a rating of 5 is because it doesnt have a view of the river, but it only a 2 minute walk away.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed October 16, 2012

Hello Joe,
A quick word of thanks to yourself and the staff of The Bush Hotel for the excellent service and facilities provided to us yesterday. Our staff training session and Public evening seminar were very successful and thanks again for your help in making it so.
Best regards
Catriona Mc Kenna Farm Management Administrator Teagasc | Coolshannagh Road | Monaghan

Room Tip: Did not stay in hotel used their conferencing facilities.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed October 15, 2012

Located in the centre of Carrick, it is ideally placed to explore Eire's lake district. Breakfast is ample and freshly cooked. The rooms are comfortable and of a good size. Michael Collins stayed here in 1918 and facsimiles of British secret police letters are displayed. A visit to the nearby Cavan & Leitrim railway is a must - much more than trains!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank Stuart - Caroli... S
Reviewed October 14, 2012

It's not Michelan star guys but if you are hungry and want good honest food the Bush hotel is the place for you! I was i Carrick on Shannon on a stag, was starving after being out on the beer for the day, came across the Bush Hotel - RESULT!!!!! What a feed, I had the special. 12.95 for a huge plate of steak with veg, chips & mash! Like I said, it's not gourmet but I'm writing this review from their breakfast bar! Ideal for stags!!!!!

• Stayed: October 2012