“One of the best dinners I've had...anywhere”
Review of The Oarsman

The Oarsman
Cuisines: French, Irish, Bar, European, Pub
Good for: Bar scene, Romantic, Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Kids, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Brunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: We are a multi award winning bar & restaurant featured in the Michelin Guide & McKenna's Top 100 Restaurants. We are passionate advocates of using well sourced quality local & artisinal ingredients. As we are the seventh generation of our family in the hospitality trade we know the importance of continuing the legacy of offering a high quality service led experience. We would love to welcome you to The Oarsman soon.
Nashville, Tennessee
“One of the best dinners I've had...anywhere”
Reviewed November 12, 2013

We were visiting from the States and a friend who is from the area recommended we dine here. I am so glad we did!! The dinner was amazing. I had the seafood chowder and the duck. The chowder was sublime, and the duck was cooked perfectly. My friend had the lamb and loved it....I snuck a bite and have to agree it was delicious. Even the sides (potatoes, carrots, etc) were simply cooked and deviine. We had been in London earlier in the week and had a similar dinner at a local, expensive and well-regarded seafood restaurant and it was not at all as good as The Oarsmen. The staff was extremely friendly and welcoming. If I could I would plan my next trip to Ireland around this restaurant -- cannot wait to come back.

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank kasey1968

Guernsey, United Kingdom
“Outstanding!”
Reviewed November 7, 2013

Recommended by my hostess at Lough Key House, plus a "thumbs up" from a fellow guest, I wisely booked ahead at this popular establishment.
This was undeniably one of the most memorable meals I've enjoyed in Ireland. Service was exceptionally attentive and welcoming. Presented with a basket of 4 different types of bread, baked in house I wondered how I was going to follow with 2 courses! I chose the Castlemaine Pork, which was delicious, and, having a sweet tooth, couldn't resist glancing through the dessert menu. The lemon parfait intrigued, with its "strawberry and pistachio cannelloni" (not a hint of pasta in sight!) and was a work of art on a plate. The people on the table next to me shared the chocolate tasting plate, which looked incredibly good - and by the looks on their faces, it tasted good too!
Definitely one of the best meals I've had in Ireland, and I look forward to returning some time to enjoy more dishes from these talented folk!

• Visited August 2013
New Hope, Pennsylvania
“Lamb to die for.”
Reviewed October 31, 2013

I loved it. My wife less so. We were walk-ins, and were seated despite the place being fully booked about 1.5 hours later. I found the food remarkably good - seafood chowder and a rack of lamb/lamb roast out of this world. My wife found her dinner less of an event: she didn't like the mussels in the seafood chowder and found her sole rather bland. I'd return; my wife probably would not. Me: five stars. Wife: three. Waitstaff: five stars. Ambience: five stars.

Visited October 2013
Dublin, Ireland
“What a Lunch”
Reviewed October 27, 2013

We stumbled on this restaurant by accident, glad we did.
We had an EXCELLENT lunch here, GREAT Seafood Chowder not to be missed, served with their own home made brown bread just too tasty, washed down with an ice cold white wine.
Service was excellent despite being really busy, the waiter had the time to chat with us.
Don't pass by this excellent restaurant.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank ManUhead
“Top Class”
Reviewed October 26, 2013 via mobile

We were here for a family event on Sat last, we booked to eat in the Bar, the food, service and staff were excellent a great place thank you