“Wonderful lunch”

The Oarsman
Cuisines: European, Irish
Good for: Bar scene, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Description: We are a multi award winning bar & restaurant featured in the Michelin Guide. We are passionate advocates of using well sourced quality local & artisinal ingredients. As we are the seventh generation of our family in the hospitality trade we know the importance of continuing the legacy of offering a high quality service led experience. We would love to welcome you to The Oarsman soon.
Reviewed August 27, 2013

We had a fantastic lunch here! My self and my daughter had a great experience from start to finish. The staff were efficient and very pleasant. I would recommend it.

Reviewed August 24, 2013 via mobile

The food is really good in this restaurant. I had chicken with veg and potatoes. Lovely wine also. It's right in town so you can walk to it from your hotel

Reviewed August 19, 2013

My wife and I had lunch at the Oarsman in July 2013. I had pork and my wife had mussels with a side salad. Although not crowded, we were seated in a tiny table (#1) by the staircase. The pork was fair and my wife said that the mussels were just okay. It took forever to get our food and we noticed that other patrons that had been seated after we were had already received their food. Upon questioning, no reason was given. Larry & Kelly, Georgetown, Texas

1  Thank RoseAlee
Reviewed August 15, 2013

We live an hour away from Carrick on Shannon and from time visit the town and treat ourselves to lunch in the Oarsman. Normally this is the highlight of the day and never before have we had cause to complain. On this occasion our experience was so below par and so lack lustre we are in a dilemma as to whether it was a one off event or a drop in standards. We are reluctant to return. First of all my comments are directed entirely at the cuisine. The staff could not have been more helpful, polite or efficient. I ordered marinated chicken with garlic and pesto which came with salad and french fries. My husband had slow cooked shoulder of pork. Initial observations were that the quantities were very small and the salad only consisted of a few leaves which had little or no dressing evident and two tiny cherry tomatoes each.My minute serving of chicken was on a bed of bread and it proved dry and bland. I requested mayonnaise in an effort to add flavour. Both helpings of french fries were what I call the remnants of the chip pan. The pork too was minimal, bland and unexciting. We decided not to have any desserts and left. We left, still feeling hungry and let down.

2  Thank TOOsie8
Reviewed August 7, 2013

Food is great with a reasonably priced wine list. Nice bar downstairs with some local beers on tap. Good smoking area to the rear. Live blues band playing were great.

If you are unlucky enough to stuck in Carrick on Shannon, don't bother going anywhere else!