“a bed”

Hartley Lodge Guest House
Hartley Lodge Guest House
“a bed”
Reviewed May 18, 2012

b&b was clean, but interioer was cheap and heaters are only turned on on demand, for 2ish hours - so rooms have been very cold.

Breakfast was good, people very kind.

Carrick is boring, pubs dont serve dinner after 7 pm (was monday, if matters)

• Stayed May 2012
1 Thank realdognose

Solo
Business
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 22, 2011

i stayed at the Hartley lodge for a few days break with my wife mid november,the accomodation was spotless,breakfast excellent,and hospitality was top class,i will definetly be back and have recommended it to friends and family,thanks again Martin and Ruth.
Mr and Mrs B Devine
Wishaw, Scotland.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Brian D
tyrone
Reviewed October 23, 2011

14 of us stayed here for my stag do last weekend (Oct 2011). I couldn't speak highly enough of the place. The accomodation was spotless, we all had access to great shower facilities and the breakfast was superb. Martin was also very helpful with his taxi service. I would highly recommend Hartley Lodge for any Hens or Stags in the future. Thanks Martin & Ruth.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank garymackenna
Portlaoise, Ireland
Reviewed September 7, 2011

A friend and I completed a charity cycle through Ireland in August 2011 in aid of Enable Ireland! We would like to thank the owners Ruth and Martin for their kindness and generosity for supporting us and providing us with a complimentary room during our stay in Carrick On Shannon! We were given a large comfortable room with a good size ensuite and walk in shower which was really nice! Owners were friendly. Martin also has a taxi service which came in very handy,no problem running us into town and picking us up!! The breakfeast was very good. Overall a very good b&b to stay at while in Carrick!!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank MarkBr_11
Basildon, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 31, 2011

I stayed at hartley lodge with my sister and her grandaughter we had a really lovely stay the rooms were very clean and modern the breakfast was great we would deffiantly stay again if was in the area

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank mary2512
Reviewed June 25, 2011

I stayed here a couple of days ago. Booked it online. Went to check in at 10.10pm and got no answer from the owner. Had to phone the owner to let me in.

Was awakened at 3.30am that night by over guests arriving back. Although I do not blame the owner for this I do think the walls may be a bit thin. I could here everything next door. The next morning at 9am the next room turned on their shower and it was so loud in my room I was woken up. Again thin Walls??

The service for breakfast was fantastic. Full Irish fry up, cereal, yogurt etc. Very tasty!!!

Overall a good stay.

• Stayed July 2010
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed November 23, 2010

Just read that bad review and those people must be just horrible people because I just stayed with my hubby last sat night was in Town (not city) for a family event The hotels were booked so we found Hartley Lodge. I will be staying here again if ever in Carrick on Shannon. It was spotless (Im a clean freak so always inspect) and it was warm the bed was heated the shower was good clean white towels were provided. The breakfast was top notch as good as the shelbourne (am not kidding) and it was cheap as chips! I am now a B&B convert and so is the hubby!!! My other half walked into town the next day for our car as we took a taxi after the party and it took him less than 20 mins round trip Its a great spot!!!!!!!

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple