“Fantastic!”
Review of The White House

The White House
Ranked #8 of 75 Restaurants in Kinsale
Cuisines: Seafood, Grill
Good for: Families with children, Special occasions, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed November 3, 2013

Had a couple of pints with the friendly locals then moved to our table. Service was warm and efficient. We had the chowder which was amazing followed by Thai fish curry and fish pancakes. All the food was delicious and I would highly recommend this place.

Reviewed October 29, 2013

On a recent trip to Ireland I had a ham, cheese, tomato and onion sandwich almost everyday for lunch and they were all good. The Ham, Cheese & Onion Panini I had at the White House was by far my favorite. They used carmelized onions as opposed to fresh and it really made the sandwich special. The Cider and Black (Currant) I had was especially good too. The atmosphere was exactly what I wanted to experience at a local Irish pub.

1  Thank RaquelR79
Reviewed October 29, 2013

Kinsale is Newport Rhode Island's sister city in Ireland. The White House has a guest book of visitors from Newport and other parts of Rhode Island since 1999. The Irish welcome, the tasty pints and delicious food make the White House a necessary stop when visiting Kinsale.

Reviewed October 27, 2013

Without a reservation, we were seated promptly. Service was polite. The restaurant was crowded, with tables a little tight, but we were comfortable. It was a little noisy, but we were hungry and enjoyed our potato and leek soup with brown bread, as well as our entrees (Baked cod for me and Chicken Parm for my husband). All of the restaurants in this town that we patronized were excellent!

Reviewed October 23, 2013

A mountainous platter of mussels and other selections of fresh seafood should bring you here rather than to the "other" highly advertised restaurant for fish. Friendly staff and happy customers.