“Well worth a visit.”

Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed December 17, 2013

We had lunch here on a Monday and we were lucky to get a table so it is probably best to book in advance, even in December!
The food was very good and the staff were very friendly.

1  Thank Pamath
There are newer reviews for Fishy Fishy Restaurant

Reviewed December 16, 2013

Fishy Fishy lived up to the hype. This was one of the best meals that we had on our trip. Definitely worth a stop...

Reviewed December 8, 2013

I went to lunch today to Fishy Fishy in Kinsale,it was a very a fantastic day
The food was beautiful ,I had hake and it was so fresh and cooked to perfection.the staff were extremely helpful and friendly and not too in your face. It was very reasonably priced and good value for money.There was a lovely festive atmosphere in the restaurant or Christmas.

Reviewed December 7, 2013

Service was excellent and accommodating of our party with a baby. Saturday afternoon, place was busy but not packed. Food was average. Nice atmosphere but the prices were still over the top.

1  Thank PM H
Reviewed December 2, 2013

Went away on a foodie weekend in Kinsale and Fishy Fishy, by far, was the most disappointing. We had an 8pm reservation for two and were told to wait. It wasn't long, just 10 or 15 minutes, no bother even if the host and manager were more than a bit chilly. However, from there it got much worse.

The server immediately tried to rush our order. No greeting, no interaction, just 'ready to order?' sort of thing. He was trying to contend with two large groups, which is difficult, but at a minimum of 70 Euro a person, I think everyone deserves good service.

My crab appetizer was completely overwhelmed by a subpar cocktail sauce ruining the dish. Could't get away from the sauce. My dining companion felt similarly about her sampling of appetizers; all over done with sauce.

The second course was lovely. My cod was perfect and she really enjoyed her food, as well. However, the rest of the meal was just annoying as the service progressively declined. We were ignored once the dinner service calmed down, I had to walk over to the service station to even get the bill. When I complained to the server about his service I was greeted with a blank stare and an 'yup, sure sorry about that' and nothing else.

It was over-hyped and uninspired. Too bad, I was really looking forward to a great experience.

2  Thank AshleyDashlyDont