This was our first stop on our 17 day excursion through Ireland. This B&B is on the outskirts of Kinsale, but well worth the drive. We were welcomed by Martin who showed us to our rooms. The only reason for not giving it excellent is the lack of bathtub rails and slick tile floor with a very difficult stepdown. I fell twice, in the shower and again while stepping out on to the floor. They were extremely helpful in supplying ice for ice packs; however, nearly a year later I continue to feel the effects of the fall(s). I hope they have made additional security provisions for these issues. Other than this the food was incredible, the house was warm and inviting, the beds extremely comfortable and the proprietors (Claire and Martin) were warm and inviting.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Overlooking the scenic river, Rivermount House completed a total upgrade and refurbishment in 2008. It offers four-star quality at affordable rates. We feature classic mahogany furniture, heavily embossed wall coverings and exquisite soft furnishings, which have all resulted in creating an ambiance of luxury comfort and style. With a classy polished marble foyer, this accommodation feels more like a boutique hotel but with the personal attention and traditional warmth of a B&B. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Booking.com, Hotwire and TripOnline SA so you can book your Rivermount House B&B reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rivermount House Hotel Kinsale
- Rivermount House Bed And Breakfast