“Great location and spacious room”
Review of Friar's Lodge

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Kinsale
Friar's Lodge
Ranked #17 of 52 Kinsale B&B and Inns
Reviewed July 9, 2012

The location for this B&B was excellent. We enjoyed our time in Kinsale. The room was so spacious. Finally the room had enough seats for three of us . The beds were comfortable.
Breakfast was delightful.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family

Reviewed July 6, 2012

We have just returned to the Friars Lodge having not been there for 2 years. It was good to see that the extremely high standards of cleanliness and helpfulness have been maintained along with the quality and choice of breakfasts. We chose to return as we had remembered the beautifully furnished and spacious bedroom we had previously and we were certainly not disappointed with the one we had this time. This is the first time we have taken our Dalmatian dog and she was made to feel welcome with no silly extra charges for her.
We will definitely be returning to this fine, friendly establishment on our next visit to Ireland

Room Tip: When booking ensure you specify your precise requirements
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 24, 2012

Just stayed for one night, perfect location, just a few minutes stroll downhill into Kinsale. Private car-park is a bonus. Reception area is very homely and welcoming, complete with a complimentary decanter of sherry for the guests to help themselves!! We had a large, spacious room, with a King-size bed and choice of pillows! Bathroom was adequate, shower was a bit small but piping hot water. Breakfast was lovely, cooked to order and a large choice on the menu. Staff were very pleasant, very accommodating and cheerful. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 22, 2012

Friar's Lodge is okay, but we did have some issues when we stayed there. My wife, daughter, dog and I went to Kinsale for a long weekend. There is parking available which is convenient.The room was a fine size and comfortable, there was a bed waiting for my daughter, as we requested. The bathroom was okay - the sink stopper was missing and there was an odd sulfur like smell coming from the sink. The breakfast provided was not really worth it - and it was free. The toast, cereals and mini pastries were fine, but the hot menu was eh - I tried the tar paper like bacon and a fried/poached egg - it seemed like it had been cooked and reheated. We stayed for three nights and I made my breakfast ordering error only once. The service at breakfast was attentive and friendly. The really off and off-putting part was that one night, an uninvited person entered our room. While they quickly left, and there was no harm done, the point of getting a room is to have privacy(and comfort), if there is no privacy, what are you paying for. To make matters worse, when I mentioned this to the person at the front desk, the response was odd "oh that was probably the night watchman" and "I will look into this" - not sure how that made it okay.. I suppose I would consider going back to the self catering houses, but I would need to bring an extra lock.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed June 21, 2012

I stayed their for a weekend. the place was very pleasant, the staff were very helpful. I would definitely recommend to stay here.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank deirdremc_12
Reviewed June 13, 2012

Brought eight golfers to Kinsale 6/2012. We were in three hotels because of the size of our group. Two had stayed here were not pleased. Due to tee times at 9am, we needed breakfast a half hour early. Friar's would not accomodate. Other guest houses did so in a friendly manner, taking orders the night before and serving breakfast at 7:30am. Also, no hot water in the afternoon. Do yourself a favor and stay 100 feet down the road at the Old Presbytery or the Desmond House.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
Ardkilly, Owner at Friar's Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded June 14, 2012

I am so sorry that you did not enjoy your stay in Friar's Lodge. I am puzzled and perplexed that you were not 'accommodated ' for an early breakfast. We begin at 8am and also faciliate guests who want breakfast before this time on a regular basis. I have been in the hospitality business for many years and have never refused an early breakfast. Please accept my apologies and I am gong to investigate the issue further

Maureen Tierney

Reviewed June 9, 2012

Driving back to Dublin we decided to stay in Kinsale for a day and we went to this recommended place. The staff and owner were very accommodating and friendly; the bedroom and bathroom were very large for European standards and we had a very comfortable king size bed. Breakfast was outstanding.
Parking is available in the premises and they let me keep the car there for a few hours after checkout.
I am returning to Ireland to play golf and I most certainly will stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple