“A 5 Star Hen Party”

White Lady Hotel
White Lady Hotel
Ranked #20 of 52 Kinsale B&B and Inns
Reviewed September 12, 2013

I want to start this review by thanking the fantastic staff at the White Lady in Kinsale. I had my hen party booked for July and availed of the deal 109 euro for the b&b stay in the Trident, three course dinner in the White lady, a mystery tour which entailed going to see Jenny greene FOC in Hamlets and the cocktail lesson. In addition to this the staff gave us the Bridal suite for our four o clock tapas and champagne experience compliments of my aunt. From start to finsih the Hen was superb. The staff at the White Lady were so attentive and welcoming...;) They did everything to make us feel welcome and went the extra mile. Our chaffeur brought us to Hamlets for Jeeny greene and then came and collected us to bring us to a vip section in the white lady...incredible. The rooms in the Trident were of a high standard and the breakfast was tasty. Thanks so much for an awesosme hen. Im sure I will remember it for years to come x

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends

Reviewed September 1, 2013

My friend and I recently visited Kinsale. I had stayed at the White Lady the year before and had such a great experience I insisted we stay again. Anthony the owner and his wife could not be more friendly and welcoming. When we mentioned we were playing golf at Old head Golf Club, Anthony set us up with a tee time and got us on the course for 95 euros! (the usual price is 200 euros!). I look forward to going back and taking many friends to have the same amazing experience we did!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 23, 2013

I booked this hotel for two nights in Kinsale based on it's good reviews, the availability of parking and it's price and it exceeded my expectations. The hotel was located in an extremely convenient location within walking distance of all the major attractions of kinsale. There was plenty of parking when we arrived and the guy on reception was efficient at booking in and helpful. There is no lift so we did have to carry our bags up a couple of flights of stairs....only inconvenient as I had brought way too much stuff. The room itself was nicely decorated and the bed was fairly comfortable....my only gripe being that it was 2 single beds pushed together and you could feel where the bed joined. The bathroom was spotlessly clean with an amazing shower and there was plenty of hot water. The breakfast in the morning was of a high standard with plenty of choices.....not just your bog standard full irish. The girl who was serving breakfast was really friendly and helpful...even phoning her boyfriend to find out where we could rent bikes for a day. I regret that we didnt try food other than the breakfast there as it looked great and reviews here have highly recommended it!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 17, 2013

During a recent visit to kinsale, my friends and I experienced a power outage at our hotel so booked a meal n the town. Anthony met us at the door and offered us a table in table in the bar or in the restaurant. We opted for the bar. Extremely friendly staff, most efficient service and very extensive menu. We had a wonderful meal and enjoyed a great night. Anthony was aware of the problems in our hotel and kept us updated on developments, he charged our mobile phones and looked after us wonderfully. Would highly recommend the white lady for friendliness, excellent food at a great price and overall atmosphere.

Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Jackie K
Reviewed August 8, 2013

My husband & I stayed here in August 2013 for 3 nights. Booked this hotel from reading the great reviews here and we were not disappointed. On arrival to the hotel, there is a small adjoining car park which we were lucky to get a space as the whole of Kinsale was buzzing with the last day of the Regatta Festival. On entering the Hotel for check-in, it is a lot smaller than expected (10 bedrooms) but it has a very cosy feeling. Check-in was quick, we were in room 3 on the first floor Bedroom was sufficient, clean and spacious, double beds a bit small if you like your space! (Hallway carpets are a bit grubby and could do with being replaced). Bathroom was clean, spacious and sufficient. Room was cleaned spotlessly every day. Only downside was no tea/coffee facilities, iron or hair dryer in room but can ask at reception if required.
Bar is small but has warm, friendly cosy feeling and locals and tourists create a great chatty & fun atmosphere. The Barman, Eddie is a pro at his job and works extremely hard at providing great customer service. We ate in the restaurant 2 nights and have to say it is the best food I have tasted anywhere in Ireland. I had the fishermans pie 1 night and steak the 2nd night, absolutely mouth watering food - huge portions and value for money. Waitresses in restaurant provided good service. Tourists and locals seem to all come to eat there as it won the 2006 Best Restaurant award. Breakfast was very good too, again massive portions.
It is in a great location and just a 2 minute walk down to the harbour/pier. We will definitely return to the White Lady!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank simple0119
Reviewed July 29, 2013

On arrival into Kinsale we had no set agenda for overnighting. A B/B would suffice, however by chance we found a parking place which was situated at this hotel. We enquired inside and was met by a charming young lady (Harriet) who just sold us. In fact she mirrowed the whole establishment. The room was airy , clean , small balcony. In the evening on our return we stopped at the hotel bar and was served by Eddy who also had service written all over him.The breakfast was served by a nice young lady (Louise) . Good breakfast and plentiful. The whole property is attractive and ideally situated in this lovely town. Would definately return to this small 10 room establishment and would definately recommend it.

Room Tip: Stayed in room 4.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 27, 2013 via mobile

Our room was bright and airy with floor to ceiling windows that opened to let in cool breezes. We stayed in Room 8 and could not get wifi signal strength which made checking emails and arranging travel plans a bit difficult. Also, being on the top floor meant walking through several fire doors to get to our room and you could hear them opening and shutting as people came in or out.

• Stayed: July 2013