“A true home away from home.”

Landfall House Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #3 of 52 Kinsale B&B and Inns
Reviewed October 20, 2013

This B&B is located just a short drive from Kinsale and comes with a spectacular view of the city and bay. What a joy to wake up to each morning. The rooms were spacious, spotless and well appointed. The food was excellent and well varied. We cannot say enough about out hosts. Donie and Margo are informative, super friendly and just plain fun to be around. We felt welcome every time we stepped through the door. Kinsale is a city you must visit and when you do...stay at Landfall House. You will feel right at home. C & R Johnston

Room Tip: All the rooms are excellent but the back bedrooms have a lovely view of the city.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Rick J

Reviewed October 14, 2013

We stayed at this nice bed and breakfast while golfing at the Old Head .The house is positioned high above Kinsale.We had a lovely view from our window. The house was very clean with a nice breakfast especially the pancakes.
We had a good dinner at the Blue Haven.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank joe p
Reviewed October 14, 2013

No surprises upon arriving at Landfall House for a two night stay. Two light and airy rooms with immaculate en suite baths. Margo and Donie made us feel immediately welcome and could not do enough for us with spot on recommendations. Margo's breakfasts were delicious and Donie's chauffering (we had car troubles) made our visit feel more like family than guests! Landfall is in a quiet neighborhood away from the noise and tourism of Kinsale, yet only a 15 minute walk or 3 minute taxi ride from the center of town.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Wendy T
Reviewed September 30, 2013

We spent two nights in September at Landfall House and had a very good time.
Margo and Donnie are excellent hosts, with a good sense of humour! The house is in a nice position high above Kinsale. We had a lovely view from our window. Kinsale is a charming and interesting town to visit.The house is spotlessly clean and bright and airy.
We had a small problem with our shower while we were there, which was quickly sorted out by Donnie with great good humour. The breakfasts were delicious, especially the pancakes!
I woud have no hesitation in recommending this B and B for a holiday. I am sure we will return.

Room Tip: We had Room two which has a fantastic view
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 29, 2013

I stayed at Landfall House for weekend of a friend's wedding. The room was beautiful: clean and bright. I can't say enough about the owner's, Margo and Donie. Wonderful people. Donie has a great sense of humour and had me laughing throughout the weekend. He also very kindly drove me to the wedding rehearsal and wedding itself and even dropped me to the bus station on the morning I checked out. Way above and beyond the call of duty. The B&B is a perfect mix of professionalism with old fashioned, good humoured Irish hospitality. Delicious breakfasts catering to all tastes (I like a full Irish breakfast when I visit Ireland - don't tell my wife!!). The B&B is easy walking distance from the town center but is far enough to be a very quiet location. I can't say enough about Landfall House. Next time I visit Kinsale it will be my first choice.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Paddychi
Reviewed September 29, 2013

We stayed one night at Donies' and Margos' place and had a wonderful time. Donie and Margo were great hosts, always had time for a little chat and with great recommendations where to go next on our trip. The rooms were fantastic, the view marvellous and the breakfast just fabulous.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 28, 2013

My husband and I, along with 3 other couples, spent two perfect days and nights at this Kinsale B & B. Everything about it was exceptional! The bedrooms had wonderful views and were comfortably decorated and furnished...each room with a look of its own. The full breakfasts, made to order and truly delicious, were prepared and served by our hosts, Margo and Donny, who were also very entertaining with their quick Irish wit. They were also extremely helpful in giving site seeing suggestions and directions, as well as recommendations for dining and shopping. I would feel confident in recommending Landfall House to any and everyone.

Room Tip: Rooms 2 and 4 are the most spacious and have large windows with great views.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple