“We were so impressed!”

The Black Pig Winebar
Ranked #3 of 75 Restaurants in Kinsale
Cuisines: Irish, Wine Bar
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: McKennas' Guides Top 100 Restaurants in Ireland 2017; Georgina Campbell Best Wine Award Ireland 2014; Restaurant Association Awards Best Wine Experience Munster 2015 & Cork 2014. Set in an 18th century coach house with a cobble stoned back garden under the stars.Over 200 wines by the bottle, with over 100 by the glass and a wide selection of organic, biodynamic & natural wine. Serving the best in locally sourced artisan food.
Reviewed December 2, 2013

I cannot heap enough praise on the Black Pig! The wine was amazing, our appetizers were simple but perfect, the atmosphere was charming and warm, but most importantly the service was some of the best I've experienced in a long time. They were not all experts on the wine, it's obvious that they specialize, but more importantly they do not expect you to be an expert. No pretenses, just an honest to goodness want to create a memorable night. They absolutely succeeded.

I will be back, I look forward to it and I'm telling as many people I can about how great they are!

Reviewed November 18, 2013 via mobile

We visited The Black Pig last week, mid week!! No reservation. November. I pushed open the door and stepped into another world. Think Spain, think France, think Europe. Just so nice, warm, cozy, stylish. A really great atmosphere and we were the only two there. Well it was 6.30 pm to be fair BUT it didn't matter. The owner was just delightful, we chit chatted about Christmas decorations, the restaurant etc. The wood burning stove was glowing. We were offered a choice of tables. A couple of long tables were reserved.
The food... We read a great tapas menu which had a couple of special mains.
I chose the Mushroom and Leek Risotto OMG it was just finger licking Fantastic, I really think I could have gone a second plate (not really) but it was creamy and savory. Also not yr regular mushrooms, so much more. My other half had two Tapa plates. 1.Herderman smoked salmon. Really special. Generous. With bread and horseradish and salad. I helped here. The 2nd plate was pate and toasted ciabatta. And we were offered extra. A bottle of white. Approx 68.euro. Tip extra. The place filled up as we sat there mid week in November.. Amazing. The counter filled and the atmosphere just got better.
I'd go back in a heart beat.. We had a great night.. And yes we will return. So GO.

1  Thank RealFoodIreland
Reviewed November 17, 2013

The evening beggins and it's time for a glass of wine and a bite, I heard this is the place to go to...
Not disappointed, my friend and me tried different wines by the glass (good recommandations from the staff, they even offered us to try a couple to help the decision) sitting at the bar chatting away with a lovely and friendly staff. The food around us was irresistible so we tried the beef carpaccio... delicious ! The patio at the back must be great in summer !
Would definitly go back next trip down to Kinsale !

Reviewed November 10, 2013

We had a dinner reservation for later and were looking for somewhere warm and comfortable to have a drink. The Black Pig filled both needs and some. A lovley open fire, many, many good wines and friendly knowledgeable staff. We even got free cheese to go with our wine. We wished we had longer in Kinsale as we would have loved to go back and have a meal there. Highly recommend it.

Reviewed November 6, 2013

Sadly I've spent most of the summer away from Kinsale so I've missed most of a season of this little gem. A wine list which is thankfully free of the usual suspects and full of some interesting and good value choices.
The food is well done, full of local suppliers best produce and tasty. Although the trend these days is local, bringing is one of the finest iberico is a welcome import. For me at the end of a week or on a Sunday night (sadly not in November for Sundays) it's a cool place to chill with a cracking glass of wine and some tasty bites