“Great little Gem in Kinsale”

The Black Pig Winebar
Ranked #3 of 72 Restaurants in Kinsale
Cuisines: Irish, Wine Bar
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: McKennas' Guides Top 100 Restaurants in Ireland 2017; Georgina Campbell Best Wine Award Ireland 2014; Restaurant Association Awards Best Wine Experience Munster 2015 & Cork 2014. Set in an 18th century coach house with a cobble stoned back garden under the stars.Over 200 wines by the bottle, with over 100 by the glass and a wide selection of organic, biodynamic & natural wine. Serving the best in locally sourced artisan food.
Oxford, United Kingdom
“Great little Gem in Kinsale”
Reviewed September 10, 2013 via mobile

I've reviewed several places in Kinsale and all have been a delight, as was this.

We popped in here on Easter Sunday as it was open for food, even though most places serving alcohol are closed for the religious holiday. They explained that the local Guarda was OK providing we were eating which we did, and in fact the local constabulary checked in to make sure all were behaving. Felt like I was in a soap opera!

Anyway, we were warming welcomed and found a corner by the window. Six of us came in and we ordered olives and items from the Charcuterie, all of which were bloody delicious; in fact my mouth is still watering. We chose a Pinot Noir which was also delightful and we sat and put the world right in a wonderful atmosphere. It wasn't too busy, probably because of the holiday, but the locals were also very friendly so we felt right at home. The stag would check on us periodically to make sure everyone was happy without being intrusive and next time I'm in Kinsale I will definitely come back.

I stayed at the Olde Bakery B&B which is a 100 yard stroll from here, which reminds me; there's another great watering hole 100 yards in the other direction which we also loved so I must find that and review it too!!

The only disappointing episode while in Kinsale was a boat trip but other than that, delightful place and delightful people!! A must visit and make sure you call in here when you come!!

• Visited March 2013

Kansas
“Best of the best!”
Reviewed September 9, 2013 via mobile

Ate here twice on a 4 night stay. Had a vegan with us and she was happy!
Awesome small dishes to share like tapas, and great wines to try!
Definitely one of my best meals ever!

• Visited September 2013
Brussels
“A gem!”
Reviewed September 2, 2013

We fell upon the Black Pig completely by chance whilst walking around Kinsale and loved it! It is so warm and welcoming and quaint. The staff are very friendly and were able to advise us on aperitifs and wine. We had a delicious selection of olives, meat and cheeses. I would highly recommend this!

• Visited August 2013
2 Thank Amy D
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Pigs do fly..”
Reviewed August 25, 2013

This is a hidden gem in kinsale, a small walk from the main street but worth it. From the moment you walk in you'll be greeted by warm and helpful faces.
I loved the selection of wine and that it is carefully chosen. The staff are eager to help on this front and I found that most helpful. So sit into the comfy surroundings and order something or everything off the menu and watch your evening disappear with a smile

• Visited August 2013
“Great food, great service and great wine”
Reviewed August 25, 2013

While visiting Ireland with family we had a fabulous evening at The Black Pig. The restaurant has a fantastic atmosphere to it. The service is amazing and friendly. The wine list is extensive which was a real highlight for my family as we enjoy trying different wines. There are many wines available by the glass so we were able to choose one each. We picked a selection of starters and shared the many plates. The pâté was my favourite and the carpaccio of beef with Parmesan another winner. This place is a must visit place when in beautiful kinsale!

Visited August 2013