“Just what Kinsale needs”

The Black Pig Winebar
Ranked #3 of 75 Restaurants in Kinsale
Cuisines: Irish, Wine Bar
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: McKennas' Guides Top 100 Restaurants in Ireland 2017; Georgina Campbell Best Wine Award Ireland 2014; Restaurant Association Awards Best Wine Experience Munster 2015 & Cork 2014. Set in an 18th century coach house with a cobble stoned back garden under the stars.Over 200 wines by the bottle, with over 100 by the glass and a wide selection of organic, biodynamic & natural wine. Serving the best in locally sourced artisan food.
Reviewed May 1, 2013

Was here last Friday night and Will be back. Tapas menu is fantastic to share and nibble while having a lovely Spanish wine. The atmosphere was great and staff were friendly. Every item were reasonably priced for Kinsale..Well done on a new restaurant in tight economical times, Im sure it will do great.

1  Thank Irishgal1978

Reviewed April 29, 2013

Went to the Black Pig on Saturday night with some friends in Kinsale, this Cafe wine Bar is only open a few weeks now and I have to say I was well impressed, it was very busy on Saturday night when we arrived my friends and I did not have a booking made but the staff still made us feel welcome, when a seat became free the staff gave it to us, the wine list is out of this world the hard choice is which wine to have the food was also excellent and I thought it was also really good value. I will so be back to this wine bar on my next visit to Kinsale.

Reviewed April 20, 2013

We were told that a new wine bar opened in Kinsale while we were there for two days. This wine bar was close to the hotel we were staying in. The cheese board that we had was generous and delicious. The atmosphere was cozy and pleasant. I am sure this adorable establishment will be open for a very long time! I met one of the owners and she was very sweet! Much success, dear!

Reviewed April 13, 2013

Cafe Paradiso recommended that we try The Black Pig, so we did. What a great recommendation, as we stayed all evening! The wine selection is fabulous, the slivers of cheese that we were given (cut off using a great little toy!) was lovely and our cheese board was delicious! I really do hope that this little gem of a wine bar goes from strength to strength as so deserves to do well.
When we next return to Kinsale from Northampton, we will definitely return and, if we lived near Kinsale, I fear we would never leave here....until closing time!

1  Thank Alexandfi
Reviewed April 12, 2013

Kinsale has some lovely wine bars and restaurants but this is something really different. The Black Pig has nice atmosphere and it has a real Spanish Tapas Bar feel about it. We went on a Thursday and it was very busy and it is probably advisable to book. I love the idea when you have booked a table they chalk your Christian first names on the wall above your table a nice touch! There is no pressure to eat there you can just drink the wine, They have an extensive wine list and the platters are delicious. I personally think the wine is little overpriced but then again it is all priced up on the menu and the choice is yours.