“SIMPLY OUTSTANDING!”

Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Connecticut
“SIMPLY OUTSTANDING!”
Reviewed July 27, 2013

When we take a trip across the pond this is our first stop, (in fact we were there 8 days we ate there four nights)I believe it is open a year now and it really is a great addition to this culinary capital!! The pizza is sublime with amazing locally sourced toppings, so I usually go for the special which has never disappointed me. My husband loves loves and loves the pear, walnut and gorgonzola followed by their tiramisu!! The wine list is interesting, well priced and always tastes of more!!! The staff and very efficient and friendly and the atmosphere and decor two thumbs up! All in all this place gets the two thumbs up!!

1 Thank foodfan51

Ireland
“expensive , would,nt go again”
Reviewed July 27, 2013

visited Brunos this week , decor was eclectic and different .Had fab pizza but found pricing a little high for what we got, particularly since it was a Tuesday night and not long after 6pm , early bird option might have appealed if it were available. would,nt visit again with so much oher choice in Kinsale.

1 Thank debbiethecat1
Ireland
“What's Not To Like?”
Reviewed July 24, 2013

I'd often passed Bruno's during the day and noticed that they don't open until 6, then I realised that they have a proper wood burning oven. In italy there aren't too many proper pizza places doing pizzas earlier in the day. I'm a big pizza fan, but I'm also very fussy, none of the franchised chain pizzas piled up with 10 different toppings for me. It's true that the menu is not huge but what they do the do very well. I had bruschetta with Irish goats cheese, roasted grapes and walnuts and if that wasn't good enough I decided to throw caution to the wind and have the smoked mackerel, roasted beetroot and horseradish cream pizza, top marks to whoever came up with that combo, it was delicious.The only tiny negative point was (and this is a tiny one) was that we were seated in the small room in the back, I'd like to have been in the thick of it out front , but then again we did drop in without a reservation on what was probably one of the busiest days of the year on the way back from the beach. Friendly service, great atmosphere, keep doing what you'r doing girls, I'll definitely be back.

1 Thank SEAMUS.R
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Pricey Pizza”
Reviewed July 22, 2013

After being turned away from 5 pubs due to overcrowding (great weather = many tourists out to eat), we decided on Italian for our FIRST night in Ireland. My husband is a big fan of pizza so we figured we couldn't go wrong. We were greeted by a somewhat friendly waitress-- think she was a little unsure of us having our 1 year old in the restaurant at 9pm (but hey, we had a long day of traveling and we're jet lagged... it was only 4pm to us). She told us the specials and we had a look at the drink menu. I was unfamiliar with a could of the white wines so she offered that I try a taste of one. It was good, so I ordered a glass and asked what region the wine was from... she seemed a bit annoyed and said she'd have the owner come over and caht with me since she had hand picked the selections herself. I waited and waited, the woman passed by us a few times but never came over to talk to us. Guess she didn't think I cared that much?? I thought it was fairly rude. We ordered a regular pizza and a ravioli pasta dish. The pizza (think Naples, brick oven style) was only so so. We have had better brick oven pizzas from chain restaurants in the states. The pasta was nothing to write home about either. The atmosphere was very quaint and cozy for sure... but the food was just "ok" and over-priced.

1 Thank JottieB
Lakewood, Ohio
“Decent pizza on Main Street”
Reviewed July 22, 2013

It was a bloody hot day and there was no AC (not uncommon in Ireland). Nice decor, okay service on a busy night.

Visited July 2013