“Expected better for the expensive price”

Pier House Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #8 of 52 Kinsale B&B and Inns
Reviewed November 3, 2012

Rooms are ok, location is good, kept waiting in the hall for 10 mins while somebody went of to gets room keys, breakfast was very poor overcooked and it was very busy and we had to wait for a table only one waitress working , expected more for €70 a night each

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank dawnamallow

Reviewed October 21, 2012

Pier House ticked all the boxes for location, cleanliness, nice updated room, good breakfast and very helpful owner. After a long day of travel Annie's friendliness and help with the luggage was much appreciated. If I am ever fortunate to get back to Kinsale I will stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank kataz
Reviewed October 12, 2012

We arrived in Kinsale late afternoon and walked around a bit looking for a place to stay... we happened upon the Pier House in its great location and we're so happy to have found it! Ann was a very welcoming hostess and showed us a few options of rooms that were available. We picked the large and spacious Room 7. She filled us in on all of the details of the B&B and area and gave us a great recommendation for dinner that evening. Breakfast the next morning was quick and delish - couldn't have asked for much more! We made friends with Toby who's happy to just have his belly rubbed :)

My only real complaint was that the WiFi really only worked in the sitting area, not the rooms. But other than that, we really enjoyed our brief stay!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 30, 2012

Having read all the great reviews on The Pierhouse, I was dissappointed not to have actually stayed in the property. I arrived at the property only to be told that my 2 night booking for myself, partner and 6 month old, was no longer available as they had not received my credit card details to confirm my reservation. Very upsetting, considering that I responded to the booking email immediately with all my details and the mail shows as having been sent successfully from my side. The Landlady did try ringing around a few other b&b's to look for alternative accomodation for my family, but I felt the damage had already been done and put a stain on our trip to Kinsale.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Pisces17
Reviewed September 14, 2012

We had a wonderful time in the pier house... Great location, our room was huge and spotlessly clean
Yummy breakfast...
But most importantly the owner and staff were so friendly, helpful and warm.. you cant beat a welcoming smile and helpful tips about kinsale and of course toby the dog showed us around town...

• Stayed: September 2012
Reviewed August 30, 2012

We stayed in Kinsale for one night on our way back to Dublin, and were very pleased with our experience at the Pier House. Comfortable room, tasteful decoration, very nice breakfast. The Pier House is across the Main Street from an outrageously good restaurant, Max's, which our hostess Ann recommended, and we do too! Many thanks.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 30, 2012

Our flight was delayed and we arrived around 12.00pm on a saturday night and I cannot fault the owner for waiting up for us and still being pleasant.The room was a good size but overlooked the street which was noisy and could still be heard with window closed. At 3.30am we were woken by other guests coming in drunk and threatening to kick each others doors down, they then proceeded to either have a few extra drinks in one of the rooms, it seemed like it was next door as I could hear every word.
The breakfast was lovely and we remarked to owner about the noise however she said she did not hear it. I am surprised as we are not light sleepers and have never had such a situation in a B&B before.
Pier House is in a good location especially arriving late due to free parking across the road, however it is expensive and not as good as other B&B's that I stayed in on trip.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple