“Afternoon Sail”
Review of Sovereign Sailing

Sovereign Sailing
More attraction details
Owner description: If you're looking for an adventurous & healthy holiday activity sailing may have the answer.There's no need to don a wetsuit, all cruises are run aboard our cruising yachts based at the Trident Marina Kinsale. You can choose from a day or half day sail. Sailing TimesMorning: 10:30 to 13:00 Afternoon: 14:00 to 16:30 Sunset cruise: 18:00 to 20:30. Price Half Day: 45 euro per person Full Day 10:00 to 16:30: 90 euro per person excluding lunch.
Reviewed April 10, 2013

Thanks so much for a fab trip out. We got the afternoon sail as a wedding present and thoroughly enjoyed it! Charlie was interesting, relaxed to chat to and let us get really involved in the sailing! Cheers! Great fun xx

SovereignSail, Owner at Sovereign Sailing, responded to this reviewResponded June 7, 2013

Hi Kate thanks for taking the time to post your review, I'm delighted you enjoyed the sail and Charlie's company....James

There are newer reviews for Sovereign Sailing

Reviewed December 1, 2012 via mobile

If you are going south Ireland, make sure you try sailing. I was there with my girlfriend and we had great time, you get involved in everything what's going on yacht, doing knots, driving, learn about wind. I am looking forward to coming again soon. Totally recomended

1  Thank LukasCerny
Reviewed November 12, 2012

I took the bus into Kinsale knowing that I wanted to hire a boat. I was thinking about a motorboat just to putt around the harbor and take some pictures. When I got down to the harbor I realized that we could hire a sailboat and get out and do some sailing. There were only 4 of us, plus the skipper, so we really got a good feel of what it takes to sail.

The skipper, Gavin, was great! He encouraged us to get involved with the actual sailing of the ship, but at the same time let us all know that if we wanted to just relax and take in the sights that was totally fine. He also had fun little anecdotes about the different sights so that you could get a better feel for what you were actually seeing. The sights are AMAZING and it is worth the price just to take in the sights.

Having the chance to actually take the wheel and feel the wind in the sails was an awesome experience, and one of my favorite in Ireland thus far.

2  Thank Bret N
Reviewed October 21, 2012

This is excellent way to help crew a 40ft yacht while at the same time have a really relaxing few hours exploring the coastline around Kinsale.

You're encouraged to take on the various roles to get a real feel for sailing. It's certainly exciting feeling the power and the control at the helm against the the thrill of the vagaries of the wind and waves. The skipper feeds the right information to inspire confidence and ensure safety, even for the novice.

It is also a very handsome and graceful craft and you can just sit and enjoy the ride if the actual sailing isn't so much your thing. The people I shared the trip with similarly enjoyed the experience and that made for good company along the way, in addition to the friendly skipper!. The view from coastline past Charles Fort out towards the Old Head of Kinsale is inspiring along with the return into Kinsale harbour itself.

A really great stress buster, good fun, a bit of exercise and fresh air a-plenty! This was the highlight of my recent visit to Ireland.

1  Thank KinsaleTrip
Reviewed August 25, 2012

Kinsale is beautiful and it's even better when you're out on the water.
We spent a wonderful afternoon sailing with Sovereign Sailing.
We were appropriately geared up
and off we went,
a family of 4 in a keel boat.
It was fantastic to be so close to the water
and really sailing.
But our skipper really made it,
knowledgeable, warm and encouraging.
A breezy sail, lesson and sightseeing all rolled into one.
Not even the pelting rain could spoil it,
even with a 2 year old and a 6 year old.

We'll definitely go back.

2  Thank Clare R