4 people are viewing this hotel
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
$157
Travelocity$158
CheapTickets$158
eDreams$157
1,462 results
All reviews wharf tavern junior suite lovely hotel overlooking the water mussels overlooking the harbour lovely view full irish fantastic stay room was large lovely room breakfast was excellent pancakes town ireland receptionist wedding
Selected filters
Reviewed September 7, 2014

We got married at the Trident last month, we couldn't have asked for better service. All of the guests raved about the food and the kindness of the staff. They were so helpful planning our big day and wonderful to deal with throughout our whole experience. I couldn't recommend the hotel highly enough! Niamh and Karl

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
GHCMcE, General Manager at Trident Hotel Kinsale, responded to this reviewResponded September 8, 2014

Dear Niamh,

Congratulations!

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent wedding with us in the Trident Hotel.

I am delighted that everything went so well and the feedback from your guests was so positive.

We very much appreciate you taking the time to post your comments as life must still be very busy after the wedding.

We look forward to seeing you and Karl back to visit us - hopefully before your 1st Anniversary dinner!

We wish you both health and happiness in your life together.

Reviewed September 7, 2014

My husband and I stayed in the Trident for three nights last month. We were given an executive room which had a lovely view of the harbour. The room was quite spacious and had a comfy large bed. The room was clean and the bathroom was large and modern with a bath and separate shower. Plenty of hot water and equipped with the usual shower, cream etc.

The receptionists were very friendly and offered to help when I wanted to change my ferry etc. Our golf bags / clubs were kept downstairs in a locked room which avoided lugging up to the room. We were slightly upset when our clubs suddenly appeared in the hotel foyer, apparently put there with other clubs ready to go off with a golf tour. But I am sure they
would not have disappeared, but we were under the impression that they were locked up until we retrieved them.

The staff in the restaurant were again friendly and helpful. The breakfast had a good variety of cereals, fruit, ham and cheese etc. The cooked breakfast was made to order so came out hot and freshly cooked. Again the view, if you had a window seat, was of the harbour and very restful during breakfast. We had Sunday lunch and a few snacks in the Tavern and the food was tasty, well cooked etc.

You can use the swimming pool, steam room etc at the Hotel down the road for free, when staying at the Trident. The Swimming pool was a lovely pool, all areas clean and the staff very helpful with finding us the compulsory swimming hat.

I would certainly recommend this hotel, but I would say make sure you have an executive room with the view as this made our stay there very relaxing. We hope to return to Ireland soon and will definitely choose the Trident, when in Kinsale.

Room tip: Ask for a room with a view.

Dear Salsywalsy,

Thank you very much for your review of your recent stay with us.

I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay and that you appreciated your harbour facing room with the large marble bathroom and separate bath and shower.

I am pleased that you found the breakfast to a good standard and the staff were attentive and and pleasant. I'm sorry that you had a little scare with you golf clubs - although I don't think they would have gone very far!

I hope that you will take an opportunity to return to the Trident and Kinsale very soon.

Reviewed September 5, 2014

I had the pleasure of getting married in the Trident 7 years ago. I would highly recommend any couples looking for a venue for their wedding to look no further. All the staff especially one of the managers Anthony made the whole wedding process very easy and an absolute pleasure. We have stayed in the hotels several times since and the excellent standards are as good as ever. The bar food is very tasty. The best hotel in Kinsale without doubt.

Date of stay: May 2014
1  Thank johndX4016UM

Dear John D,

Thank you for your kind words in relation to your wedding reception held here in the Trident Hotel 7 years ago. It is great to think that the warmth is still there for the hotel and that you have been back on a number of occasions.

Anthony and the team are still here so if you have any other friends or relations planning weddings please remind them of your " recipe for success"!

We look forward to seeing you both back again soon.

Reviewed September 3, 2014

We arrived as part of a large party staying to attend a wedding so understandably, not all rooms were ready when we arrived early. When I checked into mine, there was a very strange smell which the staff said they would be able to rectify within the hour. An hour later, the room smelled the same so they moved me to another. The service really was very good and the staff over the few days, really could not do enough to help out. Rooms were comfortable, sleep quality was very good and views were lovely. Breakfast was great and the hotel was perfectly located for everything we needed.
Would definitely stay again

Room tip: Pay extra for a waterfront view - well worth it !!
Date of stay: April 2014
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank DMYLiverpool

Dear DMYLiverpool,

Thank you for your review of your recent stay with us in the Trident Hotel.

I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay and that our reception staff were able to sort out the issue you had with your room on arrival.

I am pleased that you found the quality of sleep, breakfast and service to a high level and I hope you had a great weekend for the wedding. Kinsale is a great place for a wedding!

We look forward to welcoming you back to Kinsale and the Trident in the near future.

Reviewed September 3, 2014

Both my husband and I stayed at the Trident for one night last weekend. We were upgraded from a standard room to a deluxe.

The room was very basic so I am sure the standard room would have been even more basic than what we had. The view was lovely but the room was very tired and in need of renovation. Staff very friendly and check in was very quick.
Breakfast was plentiful

Room tip: Ensure you get upgrade
2  Thank DublinLinda

Dear DublinLinda,

Thank you for your review of your recent stay with us in the Trident Hotel.

I am sorry that you were disappointed with your room although you were upgraded to an Executive room on arrival.

I am pleased that you did enjoy your breakfast and particularly the views from you room. Thank you for your kind comments about our friendly and efficient staff.

I hope when you return we will have completed our planned refurbishment.