“STAY HERE!”

Trident Hotel Kinsale
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Kinsale
Reviewed July 29, 2014

We planned on staying at the Trident for only our first night in Ireland after flying in from Chicago...we ended up staying a week after my Father required hospitalization in Cork. Hal and the staff at the Trident treated us like family and juggled reservations to make sure we had a place to stay during a very stressful time. Over the course of a week we stayed in every type of room style...they are all great but the suites are spectacular and worth the small premium over a standard room. The breakfast and pub food were wonderful and the views outstanding. The staff was caring and considerate and went out of their way to suggest activities for my kids which they really enjoyed. Treating us like family will always be appreciated. Perfect location for exploring Kinsale. You could stay here for the simple reason that it is a nice hotel with wonderful amenities...a second reason would be to show appreciation to Hal and the staff for being good people and treating others well. Thank You!
P.S. - Dad is fine...buy the trip insurance-paid all medical bills and more.

Room Tip: All rooms are great...suites are spectacular and worth the small premium. Splurge, you deserve it.
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
GHCMcE, General Manager at Trident Hotel Kinsale, responded to this reviewResponded August 7, 2014

Dear Dan,

Thank you for your very kind review of your stay with us.

Firstly, I am delighted to hear that your father is well and that your trip insurance sorted out all the bills!

We appreciate your your positive comments and the endorsement of our staff. I know that it was a difficult and worrying time for you all and it certainly did impact on your travel plans. If your are stuck somewhere - there are worse places than Kinsale to be caught! We remember how pleasant you and your family were with our staff even though we had to move you from room to room as we were very heavily booked.

I hope that you will be able to continue your planned trip on another occasion without incident and when you do I hope that you will allow for at least one more night in Kinsale.

Thank you for your kind comments both for the hotel and on a personal basis and I look forward to meeting you again either in Kinsale or Chicago.

Reviewed July 23, 2014 via mobile

Stayed here through "exploring Ireland" and we were not impressed. Our room was not exactly a "sea view" in that it faced the parking lot and you could see the harbor. There is no air conditioning and the windows have no screens. Room was a little tired and sparsely decorated. We asked for a better view and were told they were "sold out". Breakfast was very good and supposedly their restaurant is one of the better ones in kinsale. Kinsale is a great little fishing village. We were there in a Sunday and there was not a lot going on. Would like to visit it when things are jumping.

Stayed: July 2014

Dear sprucecreekfly,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us in the Trident Hotel.

I am sorry that you were not impressed with the hotel and that our reception staff were not able to find you an alternative room when you requested a change, as there were none available. Not all our rooms have air conditioning but our executive rooms and suites do. I'm sure you are aware by now not all hotel bedrooms in Ireland have A/C,

I am pleased that you enjoyed breakfast and yes our Pier One restaurant is a member of Kinsale Good Food Circle.

I hope that your slight disappointment do not take from your enjoyment of Kinsale.

Reviewed July 23, 2014

Kinsale was our first stop on our honeymoon throughout Ireland and the Trident Hotel was a perfect start! We stayed one night and our room was awesome. They upgraded us to a suite overlooking the harbor and the view was lovely. The staff was so kind and friendly. We loved our stay and would definitely come back again. Thanks!

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear Julie,

Congratulations on your recent marriage!

I am delighted that you chose the Trident Hotel and Kinsale to start your honeymoon in Ireland.

We very much appreciate your kind comments and are pleased that you enjoyed your stay and particularly the views from your suite. I am glad that your reception staff were able to give you an upgrade.

Hopefully you will have the opportunity to return to the Trident and Kinsale before too long.

Reviewed July 22, 2014 via mobile

All the rooms have absolutely breathtaking views of the harbor and wall to wall windows. The beds were very comfortable and the bathroom and bedroom spacious. The property is within a few minutes walk of Kinsale's main shopping area, restaurants, and pubs. My only complaints are the breakfast (the food was bland and the pastries stale) and wifi (it was extremely slow and cut in and out frequently). The views alone, though, make this property a must-stay.

Stayed: July 2014

Dear Kelly,

Thank you for your review of your recent stay with us in the Trident Hotel.

I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay although I am sorry that you weren't completely satisfied with your breakfast.

Our WiFi is in the process of being upgraded at present as eFiber has just become available. I am sorry you had some issues with your connection.

I am pleased that you still consider the Trident as a 'must stay'!

Reviewed July 18, 2014

We stayed here .after a wedding so we did not get to see or experience much of the hotel. Our wedding was in actons up the street. How ever our stay was lovely .The room was nice with a view.The bar was nice if a little quiet.Its in a fantastic location over looking the harbour.

Room Tip: ask for sea view
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear Denis,

Thank you for your review of your recent visit to the Trident Hotel.

I understand that your stay was short but I am glad that you enjoyed it. I'm sure you enjoyed the wedding in Acton's also.

Now that you have had a taste for the Trident Hotel and Kinsale I hope you will return soon.

Reviewed July 16, 2014

We stayed for two nights in the Harbour Suite and our relatives stayed in one of the twin rooms. The view from both was exquisite. The hotel is friendly, very clean and very welcoming. I would highly recommend the Trident - we will definitely be coming back.
Thanks to all for a great stay.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
GHCMcE, General Manager at Trident Hotel Kinsale, responded to this reviewResponded July 17, 2014

Dear Alison,

Thank you for your review of your recent stay with us in the Trident Hotel.

I am delighted that you and you friends enjoyed your stay with us and particularly that you liked our Harbour Suite with it's balcony overlooking Kinsale Harbour.

Thank you for staying with us and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed July 13, 2014

My husband and I stayed here for one night while driving across Ireland. We loved the hotel. From check in, to the view of the harbor, to drinks at the tavern and the best part was breakfast! From our room we could see seals in the harbor area. It was so wonderful to spot them! The view and the location set for a perfect afternoon of snapping photos. For after dinner drinks we went to the tavern and I was really craving a mixed drink from back home and the bartender was nice enough to make it for me! The next morning we sat next to the window and once again right outside the window was a seal swimming! That was a truly special moment for me. And the breakfast was great! The person tending to us came over multiple times to check on us and we loved the professionalism and promptness of all the staff. All in all so glad we chose to stay here. Was extremely pleasant and made our day in kinsale amazing : )

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
GHCMcE, General Manager at Trident Hotel Kinsale, responded to this reviewResponded July 16, 2014

Dear Shayla,

Thank you for your very positive review of your recent stay with us in the Trident Hotel.

I am delighted that you enjoyed every minute of of your stay and you obviously took your time to experience all that Kinsale has to offer including the wildlife on our doorstep - or outside our restaurant window!

You seem to have taken time to appreciate what was around you while still enjoying your tour of Ireland. I hope you have experienced enough to make you come to visit again!

Thank you for your kind comments.

Managing Director

Also consider these accommodations in or near Kinsale
Actons Hotel Kinsale
The River Lee
#2 of 23 in Cork
Perryville House
#6 of 53 in Kinsale

Been to Trident Hotel Kinsale? Share your experiences!