“Walking tour of kinsale”

Kinsale Heritage Walks
Ranked #2 of 13 Tours in Kinsale
More attraction details
Owner description: Dermot Ryan’s Kinsale Heritage Town Walks, rated as “The ideal way to see Kinsale and learn its history” by the Irish Times, uses a unique blend of old photographs and maps to show the heritage of this special town. Daily from the Tourist Office, 10.30 and 3 p.m., lasting an Irish hour, Hail, Rain or Snow ! Adults, 5 Euro, Children free, Special group rates.
Corl
“Walking tour of kinsale”
Reviewed March 29, 2010

Just recently completed a walking tour of kinsale ireland with Dermot Ryan. What a great pleasure it was . Most informative and enjoyable . Gave a true flavour of the history with a twist of humour .
Really enjoyed the experience Eleanor

dermotryankinsale, Owner at Kinsale Heritage Walks, responded to this review, July 21, 2011
Just a note to remind you of your visit to Kinsale last year and thank you fror the review of the Walk. It was great to hear that you enjoyed your time in our town.

Let me know if you would like a copy of the Kinsale Memo to remind you of our town or would like any photo of Kinsale.

ohio
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Dermot Ryan is the best.”
Reviewed March 22, 2010

My husband and I were in Ireland for the first time. We had been to Galway, The Cliffs, The Ring of Kerry, and later to Dublin but when we talk about Ireland, we talk most fondly of Kinsale. We took the Heritage Walk with Dermot Ryan and the place came alive to us. He knows his town's history and told it like he was telling the tales of an interesting family member. Kinsale has history, beauty, palm trees, and Dermot. Great place with a charming storyteller. Donna Keller

1 Thank dkeller35

California
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Kinsale Heritage Walk. Don't miss it.”
Reviewed March 18, 2010

What a super time we had with Dermot Ryan last summer. He gave us a very thoughtful, fascinating walking tour of the best parts of Kinsale, and kept our small group thoroughly entranced with tidbits of local knowledge. He gave us a glimpse of Kinsale in the past century, pointing out a locally-famous doorway and the old shoreline. The tour with Dermot was more like a leisurely stroll with a friend through the home town he knows very well. Whether you are brand-new to Kinsale, or know something about this beautiful town’s amazing history, you will not go wrong with Dermot.

Fairfield, OH
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 49 helpful votes
“Dermot really knows his stuff!”
Reviewed March 11, 2010

My mother and I did the Heritage Town Walk with Dermot Ryan, on our recent vacation to Ireland. He takes history and makes it fascinating. He injects humorous anecdotes and bits of trivia to the actual tour. His photographs, documents and artifacts add even more to the stories of Kinsale's past. He is a treasure trove of information. A bargain for the price!

Cork, Ireland
“Hidden Gem of Kinsale”
Reviewed March 8, 2010

I have lived in Ireland for over 2 years and been to Kinsale many times; the town and the food are amazing. I had visitors from Canada over and decided to spend the day doing the Kinsale Heritage town walk. I can’t believe that I did not do this earlier and taken all my visitors on this walk; as it was one of the highlights of their vacation. I found a gem; Dermot Ryan; he was so informative and well educated about the area and showed me things I would have never have found on my own walks of the town; I even past by things a thousand times in Kinsale and never really knew the history behind the important landmarks that surrounded me! He pointed out such important historical points and talked about the rich history that made this quaint maritime town for what it is. His enthusiasm and stories made the tour fun for the whole family. I learned more on that one day then I did on my many trips into Kinsale. I have boasted the walking tour to all my friends and family. It was truly a lovely day and one that I and my visitors will never forget! I highly recommend this walking tour to everyone who visits Kinsale as it too will be yours to treasure.