The White Lady
Ranked #21 of 75 Restaurants in Kinsale
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed August 22, 2014

We stayed in Kinsale and were wandering around looking for a place to have a drink while deciding where we should go to eat that night. The White Lady is on a road set back one street from the harbor so it's probably not a place you'll walk by when out and about in Kinsale. We happened upon it and when looking for the entrance the owner, Tony, came out to speak with us. He ushered us into the pub and asked if we had dinner reservations. The main dining room was pretty booked for the night as was many of the pub tables. We sat and had a drink in the pub which is adorned with a lot of really cool golf collectibles. Tony came back and asked us if we wanted to have dinner. We told him we wanted to run downtown to the off-license (liquor) store first and would be back in an hour. He reserved that table for us and it was ready when we got back. I had a very good steak and thought it was one of the better meals I had while in Ireland. Tony was very friendly and outgoing. I would very much recommend going there for dinner and drinks.

Reviewed August 22, 2014

Food and service were both excellent. Nice atmosphere. Owner was super nice!!! Would definitely recommend!

Reviewed August 19, 2014

Had dinner in the restaurant of this hotel recently. The food was very nice with a good range of choices offered both "surf and turf".
The ambiance of the restaurant was most pleasant while the staff were friendly and competent.
Overall, we really enjoyed the evening and would gladly revisit should the opportunity arise.
Prices were competitive.
Parking can be somewhat difficult in this area as the hotel has limited parking spaces.

Reviewed August 17, 2014

We have eaten here twice previously using the grabone voucher offer,the first time very tasty and the second time less so, but we were willing to give it another try.Having specifically chosen a window table when we booked, we arrived (Sun 17th) to an allocated table along the wall with the wine display.I told the girl who was setting tables of my booking request and she said "O.K." and said we could sit there.The girl then told us what the specials were - she didn't come to the table but told us this from behind the counter (we had obviously annoyed her with our table request).
The menu to our amazement was the exact same as the previous two visits.We ordered the pate (mediocre) and the chicken strips likewise.We had the roast beef, the special,as the mains.The amount of fat on the beef and the watery and tasteless mash potato were enough to ensure we will not return unfortunately as we used to enjoy making the journey there and used to make an afternoon of it (dessert/bottle of wine/coffee etc).
Just to advise - its customary for staff to ask is "is everything O.K. with your meal?" Not once during the meal were we asked ,or were any other table,or when when we paid the bill.We left a tip of €2 incidentally as the male server was quite the opposite of the female server in that he smiled occasionally and had a pleasant manner.
Finally, on leaving I made a quick stop to the toilets.The standard here reminded me of the 1980's, please address.
At your service D & T.

4  Thank TravelMonkiesDT
Reviewed August 17, 2014 via mobile

My wife and I went for Sunday lunch using a discount voucher.
Premises is lovely. However, we told them that we were using a voucher that we had purchased. The people sitting next to us had the same dish that my wife ordered and ours was visibly smaller. In addition, I ordered roast beef which looked fine but by the time I had cut away all the gristly bits, there wasn't much left to eat, the rest of which was nice and tender.
I advised the staff about it but they didn't seem overly concerned.
I know we were only paying half price but we are supposed to be getting a full satisfactory meal at a promotional price, not a reduced portion or poor quality food.
Very disappointing for an establishment that advertises they are Tripadvisor reviewed and rather cheeky about the voucher!

2  Thank Bandy1954