“Bar food with a difference”
Review of Jim Edwards

Jim Edwards
Ranked #11 of 75 Restaurants in Kinsale
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse, Gastropub
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed February 20, 2014

Loved our dinner in this place. Got a nice seat by the fire and while it feels like you are in a bar, the ambience is lovely and the food very good. My mum particularly raved about the crab claws

Reviewed February 17, 2014

This is one of my favourite places to eat when I’m in Kinsale. The atmosphere is lovely – dark, cosy, full of locals chatting and having lunch etc. The staff are always exceptionally friendly, finding us seats when it’s busy, getting high chairs for kids, and being attentive but not in your face. The food is always top quality – lovely fresh fish, nice vegetables and salads, and all reasonably priced. Well worth a visit.

Reviewed February 17, 2014

We have been going to this restaurant for many years and my recent visit was very disappointing.

The usual garlic potatoes were not served, instead we got mini boiled potatoes with the skin on and cream dumped on top. The vegetarian option always contained a good selection of vegetables and this time it was made up mostly of courgettes, the sauce just tasted of salt, it was not edible. The side of vegetables were also quite tasteless.

The staff are very friendly but the food was a complete let down compared to other times I have visited.

Reviewed February 15, 2014

Main course quite nice. I had pork loin and husband steak. Dessert very disappointing. I had hot raspberries with ice cream. A lot of mediocre ice cream served in a bowl with a few tinned raspberries heated I am assuming in a microwave thrown on top.

Reviewed February 15, 2014

Me and my partner visited for a nights stay with the winter special deal for dinner nights stay and Breckie inclusive.

Must say it was savage. Even though we arrived early we were offered a warm cup of coffee to takeaway on our walk around the town that freezing morning at no charge. They prepared the room while we wandered and came back to a toasty warm room .

Room was clean and nicely set up. Bathroom huge and bed nice and solid. Really toasty warm room.

The dinner itself was great and we both couldn't complain. The place was mobbed busy and despite the throng we were promptly and dedicatedly looked after throughout . The food was great ( my main wasn't as big as id like but I have a large appetite so they can be forgiven) starts were perfect size. Can't complain. We didn't try the desert.

The breakfast was excellent and we really were able to eat our fill. And the waitress was superb and chatted to us with genuine interest . It was refreshing to experience these days . We both truly fell in love with the place and jim Edwards Is mostly responsible for that. Highly recommended . And my thanks to them for a wonderful weekend