“Best scampi ever”

Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse, Gastropub
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed June 20, 2013

Brought my kids to kinsale for holidays over the years nostalgic trip this time so wonderful to have experienced such a beautiful meal now that we can treat ourselves !

Reviewed June 20, 2013

Great food, really busy with a great atmosphere with well trained staff so food and drinks flowed. A variety of local fish and meat that we all enjoyed and being in the main centre of Kinsale it is easy to see why it is a top place for the Trip Advisors so thank you.

Reviewed June 18, 2013

We visited Jim Edwards last weekend during our weekend stay in Kinsale, my partner was talking to a local who recommended it to us so we made a booking for myself, my partner and four friends. When we arrived 1 of our group was told rather briskly by a lady who appeared to be in charge to go to the bar and wait, which we did. As we waited we had a drink and were not so bothered at having to wait for our table however it did seem a bit manic in the bar. What surprised me was to see one of the staff trying to keep a list of who needed to be seated next while at the same time trying to serve tables. surely this should be a managers job and not this girl who was clearly busy as it was.Maybe they overestimated how many bookings to take, as they clearly did not have enough space for everyone.

The food was ok. the portion sizes were good, plenty of food to share but it was just lacking that little something. some of the plates were presented well while others were just plain with no decoration at all. again maybe this was to do with the large groups that were present.

On a good note, the young staff were courteous and apologetic about the wait etc..we were treated very well once we were seated and were asked a number of times were we ok for everything. Service with a smile is always a welcome sight in such an otherwise slightly frantic setting.

Reviewed June 17, 2013

We went to Jim Edwards on Saturday night to celebrate Fathers Day. It was a very busy night and our table were last to dine. Unfortunately, the service left a lot to be desired on this occasion, and the food was only ok. My sister's meal arrived 10 minutes after the rest of ours, and was served on a cold plate. My dad also ordered some extra sides but they couldn't be brought out as the kitchen was closed (half way through our meal) I might add!

My sister complained to management, and in fairness, they agreed that was not up to scratch. He was apologetic and took our drinks bill off the final cost to compensate us.

I think we were just unfortunate that we were late sitting on a very busy night, but it was a disappointment for a family night out.

On a positive note, they have a good choice of options on their value menu, and I'm sure we were just unfortunate on this occasion, but I won't be rushing back.

Reviewed June 11, 2013

great fresh food served with a smile. the only problem which is not much is it could do with brightning up. other than that great place.