“Yum yum yum....”
Review of Cucina - CLOSED

Cucina
Good for: Business meetings, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Yum yum yum....”
Reviewed February 25, 2013

I had breakfast in Cuciba last week and since then just can't stop thinking about it. The baked eggs with chorizo , spinach and Parmesan was just so yummie and a great way to start the day. I have eaten here a few times for lunch/ morning coffee and have never been disappointed. The service is good, friendly atmosphere and a lovely relaxed place to escape to. The food is beautifully presented with good quality fresh ingredients( I know in a chef!! ) . Can't wait to go back when I visit Kinsale next .

1 Thank CHGlen

Freising, Germany
“Excellent brunch in nice small international styled location”
Reviewed January 19, 2013

This wouldnt be the typical "Kinsale" restaurant, no fuss is put on useless "authentic" decoration. The interior are welcoming in a modern uncomplicated style.

We went there for brunch and were more than nicely surprised. While we did not expect anyhting bad, the unpretentious menu hides some nice surprises.

A real efort is apparently made on authentic recipes and to present some traditional dishes in an original, really appealing way: the full irish on some tables around looked so much more interesting than the (lovely) ones I get served on my multiple trips around Irish B&Bs (and there have been few..)

We both took variations of the omelette. I received a surprising mix of chorizo, cream and spinach, while my wife tried the salmon version. Even though the mediterranean version looked smallish at first sight, the portion was more than reasonable and eating the bread, I was no more hungry. Both versions were just delicious.

PRICES : It would be difficult for anyone to get out having paid more than 20 EUR p.p.. Most dishes are priced a bit over 10 EUR.

PARKING: Cucina is located in a tiny street with no parking: the spots you might find are reserved for drop off only. Kinsale is a fully PAYING PARKING AREA, but ask for the FREE PARKING behind the church and the garda station, it is just 2 minutes by foot from Cucina.

• Visited October 2012
1 Thank FredericPlasson
“Excellent.”
Reviewed October 20, 2012 via mobile

Very tasty food at a reasonable price, friendly staff, good service. I love it and can't recommend it enough !

Luxembourg City, Luxembourg
“Italian chic the Irish way”
Reviewed October 16, 2012

I've been to this small restaurant a few times in the beautiful town of Kinsale for breakfast and lunch and I've never been disappointed. The menu is quite simple but smart and non-pretentious. The presentation is excellent and it's all served up in an informal but professional way. And they've got the best coffee in town.

• Visited October 2012
1 Thank dermuthia
Oxford, United Kingdom
“Very nice but an expensive sandwich”
Reviewed September 2, 2012 via mobile

I took my family to cucina for breakfast last Saturday . The food was excellent and well prepared . Luckily I had some vouchers, as did seemingly most of the other diners, that meant that the meal was excellent value .