“Lunch”

Cuisines: Irish, International
Good for: Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed October 9, 2012

We vistied the Trident Hotel while on a day trip in Kinsale. The food was fabulous. I have to be gluten free and the staff were fine about this. I even received gluten free bread with my soup which was a lovely touch (not many places do this!). The restaurant was clean with great views of the harbour. Would highly recommend this to anyone, especially anyone avoiding gluten!

1  Thank Lou195

Reviewed October 9, 2012

We had one dinner and one lunch here during our two-night stay in the hotel. The service was slightly above average the first meal, average the second. My steak sandwich was superb for dinner but I don't actually remember my lunch other than that it must have been decent, My wife's choices were not memorable but we both recall that she was happy enough. I apologize for the sketchiness. We do recall that exiting the tavern through the patio door is a mistake as that is where the smokers congregate and the smell lingers.

Reviewed September 5, 2012

Make sure you ask for a room facing the water. You will want to look out the window all day long and watch the ships coming and going.

1  Thank guinn777
Reviewed August 18, 2012 via mobile

Ate at the Trident restaurant last night.
Views from table overlooking the harbour were fantastic!
My wife and I went for the 25 euro set menu. I had pled salmon and prawn salad to start with whilst my wife had the potatoe and leak soup both were excellent !
We then both had chargrilled sirloin with
Lots of veg champ and chips.
Collossol portions and again beautifully prepared and tender beef!
We then both had desserts. Wife had benoffee and I had cheesecake followed by tea and coffee.
An excellent night out and the whole thing plus a bottle of wine was 70 euro!!
I'll be back that's for sure.

1  Thank Tez57
Reviewed August 1, 2012

Stayed two nights midweek in Trident, and loved the remarkable views over the marina from the bedroom's ceiling to floor window. . Our room was comfortable and spotless, and had a very modern shower unit, plus the usual teamaking facilities. Breakfast was in the upstairs restaurant, and again the view was beautiful. Nice way to start the day.! ......We ate one evening in the Wharf bar, and found it to be quite good, with fresh monkfish for my wife, and I had a seafood salad with some of the nicest prawns I have eaten. Reasonably priced , and the bar manager has a nice relaxed way with customers.Overall staff was friendly and efficient, and I would certainly like to return, but only if I had a room with a seaview, as some of the bedrooms face a backstreet.

1  Thank noel k