“Phenomenal”

Ranked #6 of 75 Restaurants in Kinsale
Cuisines: French, Irish, Seafood
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Max's Seafood Restaurant in Kinsale was established in 1978 and serves a wide array of carefully crafted seafood dishes by resident head chef and owner Olivier Queva. Early Bird menu available, daily specials, and the best array of fine wines and local cheese. Situated in the heart of Kinsale in West Cork and simply, a great place to eat!
Reviewed March 17, 2013

We dined there Monday March 4th, 2013. The owner was also our waitress and was so pleasant and knowledgeable about cuisine and wine. A great place!

Reviewed March 13, 2013

So I'm writing this review a few years since I had my meal , so who is to say that it isn't as good or even better than when I ate there but what inspired me to write this review when using my thinking cap for filling out restaurants award voting for for the independent newspaper I had to think about my best wine experience, best gastro pub, best customer service and of course best chef. Well the day myself and my mother arrived we were greeted by a lovely lady, Anne Marie and when we went through the menu with her I told her I never had lobster before, and she told me about the different ways they serve it. When I told her which she'd recommend she went into the back to talk to her husband the chef and he said, as it was low season and they were pretty quiet that night he would prepare it both ways, but normally he would not be able to do this for a customer. Well I must say, I've had lobster since in some very upmarket restaurants and none have come close to this lobster. Infact I always feel I'm comparing my meal to the meal we had that night in Max's. Anne Marie continued to take such good care of us, and the food throughout the meal was truly the best, most enjoyable meal I've ever had. Sadly I have not been to Kinsale since, but I will defo be going to Max's next time I'm down, and would highly recommend this restaurant to anyone, not only for the great food, but the wonderful overall eating experience we had in this restaurant.

Reviewed March 9, 2013

This restaurant was close to my B&B. Stopped in on a whim and was absolutely blown away by the food. All meats were purchased locally and the food was prepared perfectly. The service was absolutely lovely as well. Would highly recommend this restaurant to anyone looking for good food in Kinsale.

Reviewed January 16, 2013

Its always nice to go in for a bite when in kinsale, lovely warm atmosphere, cosy and warm. its central and well known from locals.

Reviewed December 11, 2012

As always this restaurant was an absolute delight.

Ann-Marie's welcome is absolutely genuine, and as warm as you are ever likely to experience.

Then there is Olivier's cooking.....just as magical as ever.

The restaurant has evolved over the years, and I have been privilaged to have eaten here since its earliest version, and each evolution has been positive.

All three of our daughters and their husbands rank this restaurant as one of their worldwide favourites.....and they have very high standards.

So, yet again a wonderful experience on a cold and miserable Winter evening.

4  Thank GOURMET4666