“Lovely dinner, child friendly, great service!”

The Copper Pot Restaurant & Bar
Ranked #3 of 47 Restaurants in Clonakilty
Cuisines: European, Irish, Seafood, Gastropub
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Reservations
Description: The Copper Pot Restaurant & Bar, open from 12 noon to 9.30pm Monday to Saturday and 12 noon to 8pm on Sundays, offers the very best of fish, beef, pork and poultry from West Cork suppliers,cooked with care and attention to deliver great dining options for our guests. Choose from light lunch time options between 12 noon and 3pm, and from 3pm, ala carte and dinner menus, with early bird option and black board specials
Reviewed July 8, 2014

We were wandering around Clon looking for somewhere reasonably priced to feed us and 3 kids, and ended up in the Copper Pot. A very friendly barman showed us to a window seat with plenty of space and was friendly and chatty with the kids (not like in An Sugan, where we had dined the night before and found the service lacking). The kids menu was great value at 5.95 for a main and 2.50 for dessert. I had the special which was monkfish scampi (14.95) which came with a tartare dip, salad and fresh cut chips. It was really tasty, there was just an awful lot of it. My husband had lamb shank which looked beautiful and he said it was delicious. My kids had a homemade burger for boy 1 (again, massive burger-he only ate half!), chicken goujons for boy 2 and a baby bowl for the infant. The barman came over several times to check on us and make sure everything was ok. Great service, very reasonably priced and family friendly, so recommended!

There are newer reviews for The Copper Pot Restaurant & Bar

Reviewed June 22, 2014

Finally poritons I can eat and not waste. I had some great food in Ireland but my BIG complaint which is hard to complain about, were the huge portions. I ordered an appetizer of scallops at a place and got 10 scallops. The restaurant owners could have higher profits if they just put 25% less on each plate. Anyway at this restaurant, I had a goat cheese tart and a wonderful minestrone soup for lunch and I was able to finish both. They were both outstanding! Had I been staying in the area, I would definitely have gone back for dinner. The decor is lovely, staff was friendly and attentive and lots of good choices on the menu.

Reviewed May 30, 2014 via mobile

We ate here will staying at the hotel.

The bar/restaurant is maintained to a high standard.

We decided to go for a set 3 course menu, the quality of the food was fine, and overall represented valid for money but I wouldn't consider the food special.

The staff were friendly and professional.

Reviewed May 28, 2014

This is a new addition to Clonakilty and very welcome.I visited here on a few occasions since it opened an have found the food excellent and good value.The staff are very attentive and friendly,nice and bright decor and good choice on menu.Only one small complaint the white wine needs to be chilled before being served.

Reviewed May 11, 2014

Stumbled upon this restaurant last friday evening. Compared to our hotel this Menu was far superior and moderately priced. The quality was superb and the male waiter was very informative and helpful.