“Amazing!”

Dunmore House Hotel
Ranked #2 of 8 Hotels in Clonakilty
Reviewed May 7, 2013

I went to this hotel for a wedding in April 2013. We couldn't stay as the hotel was fully booked, but heard excellent views from our friends. There is nothing bad to say!! The staff treated u like family. Very welcoming and warm. They couldn't do enough for you! It felt like home.
Wedding was simply beautiful and you couldn't beat the view.
Not difficult to find, even though it was in a rural area.
It was so special, that the area had its own weather system! This just made it even more quaint.
The food.....well what can I say?! Fresh, hot, perfectly cooked, plentiful and left very full!!
Anybody who attends Dunmore House will blow you away!!

There are newer reviews for Dunmore House Hotel

Reviewed May 5, 2013

Attend a wedding here yesterday 04/05/13. Beautiful hotel. EVERYTHING spotlessly clean and hotel in excellent condition, like its been completly refurbished recently. Wedding room fabulous. Food was great and you certainly don't leave there hungry! Non stop top ups of potatoes and veg etc. Staff were extremly friendly and welcoming.
The views from hotel would knock you out. Beauiful beach and the Atlantic Ocean right beneath you. The hotel has a huge balcony overlooking this with seating area. I'd say if the weather was dry you'd never leave! Woould loved to have been able to stay there for night or even two! Hopefully one day we'll get back.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 3, 2013

First thing you will notice about Dunmore House is the magnificent surroundings which the house is set within, the second thing you'll notice is the staff. They are the importants cogs of this slick machine and make it all work so smoothly, friendly and importantly they make you feel like guests at their family home.

I attend for a friends wedding last weekend as a solo traveller, my room was a double with a comfy bed, sufficient storage space for a short stay, huge shower inside what looked like a recently refurbished bathroom. Further to this the room had two huge windows which flooded the room with natural light and looked out across the sea, brilliant view! At night time the area does not suffer with urban light pollution nor outside nose, silent, dark, nighttime bliss.

Food, wedding food was honest good food cooked to a high standard, our table feel silent when dinner arrived which In my book is a good sign, same with the other meals I had during my stay, from Thai crab cakes, full Irish breakfast, T-bone steaks, buffet food and the midnight wedding burger van. All the dishes looked full of fresh ingredients and if memory serves me well what can be sourced locally is.

The hotel and it's grounds are all very clean and tidy, one thing in particular is what money is available to reinvest is, the main function room is a clean, vibrant modern room which I feel would meet most people's requirements for what ever type of function the needed to held, also included in this is that ever stunning view out over the ocean.

All of the service I received during my stay was excellent, at no point were any of the staff rude, dismissive or unhelpful. They have to deal with s large amount of guests on a regular basis and this clearly does not phase any of them with the strong work ethics and professional standards at all times. Well done to all, you should be proud.

Don't hesitate when going to this hotel, just turn up, relax, party and feel welcome to stay, I know I did even if I got red wine on my shirt. :0)

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed April 17, 2013

Recently engaged and was in the process of doing the rounds for a potential wedding venue. Dunmore House Hotel was the last venue we visited and as soon as we saw it, our search ended.

From the moment you drive up to the place, your breath is taken away by the magnificent, tranquil coastal view. On entering the hotel, you can immediately tell that it's family run. All of the staff have a smile on their face and although a small thing to most people, as soon as we mentioned we wanted to speak to someone about having our wedding there, we were happily offered tea / coffee (you'd be surprised by the other places we visited where we almost seemed like a hindrance to staff, let alone be offered something!)

The wedding co-ordinator is named Anne-Marie and I cannot speak highly of her! She knows her stuff and spends so much time explaining things as well as having a good banter!

The function room was recently done up and it is simply spectacular! In fact, it's so nice that on the weekend of the open day, I made two trips down to show various family and friends who all said it was the nicest wedding function room they've seen (and I have some opinionated family!).

As you can probably tell, i've booked my wedding here and I cannot wait to have it! Would recommend anyone getting married to visit Dunmore House Hotel, and even if you just want a break from it all and have a relaxing weekend in West Cork!

1  Thank CathyMo
Reviewed April 15, 2013

Had a family wedding in this hotel at the weekend and to be completely honest and truthful, it was absolutely perfection from every aspect.

From a hotel and wedding industry myself I have exceptional high standards of service and guest care. There is not one area this hotel fails in. Top notch all round and well done

The view and property itself is amazing. The staff are exceptional, the warm welcomes and genuine personal touches are priceless. The food is unbelievable, gourmet quality, full of flavours, tastes, scents and served piping hot with a smile to each guest. Although this hotel already has a good reputation for food, I found it to well exceed its reputation and present itself as a exceptional hotel for wedding and leisure breaks.

The function room is a any brides dream, impecable elgantand vintage decor with superb views on the ocean for the full room. Lighting, room temperature, room layout, bar all perfect.

There was plently of serving staff around at all times to ensure every need is attended.

Another huge plus was the large band area, there was a curtin covering the banmd dueing set up and unveiled once all ready.This was brillant as no pulling and halling of music equipment happened, all smooth and curtin opened when everything was ready to go.

As it all this wasnt enough, the rooms are to die for. My room was extra large with a sitting room section with a view on the ocean. However I had visited a couple of other bedrooms and could not find any fault with anything. The decor is perfect, spotlessly clean, the beds are king koil thick mattress and this is exceptional for any hotel in Ireland today.

It is my pleasure to
recommend this amazing property, hotel, wedding venue, leisure break to everyone. Thank you so so much to everyone in Dunmore, so happy my sister choose this exceptional venue. Dunmore House Hotel is a prime example of how the Irish hotel Industry represents supreme hospitality and care.

Thank you so so much again from all the Mc Carthys and O Mahonys

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed April 15, 2013

I stayed in the hotel for one night for a wedding and it was the best wedding I have ever been to beating other good hotels ive been to. the location is brilliant with wonderful views. the hotel staff and receiptionists were wondering. its so cosy down there with plenty of space and different rooms. the wedding room was amazing and the FOOD. WOW. there was so much food I couldn eat the desert (well id a small bite) there was so much food and the staff always walked around to see if anyone wanted more. the bedrooms were very bright and clean with a brilliant mattresses and pillows I had such a good sleep. the breakfast was lovely the next morning with a layout of fruit cereals and juices and breads. to order there was such good food full frys kippers omletter pancake with a view next to the ocean. I really enjoyed he wedding and my stay here. I would recommend it for everyone weddings familys and couples as you can walk along the beach and walk along he country. 10/10

Room Tip: I had room 304 and it was looking out onto the sea was lovely
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed April 9, 2013

Spent a weekend at this hotel at a friends wedding and have to say the hospitality that we received was outstanding.

We had problems with our room and the hotel solved the issue instantly.

The breakfast every morning was amazing. They have a set menu but we made some extra requests and they happily accommodated us in every way unlike a lot of hotels.

The rooms were very big and spotless. Hotel was so clean I thought it was just newly opened.

We also had an issue during the night and once again the staff were all over the problem for us. I cant recommend this hotel enough.

And wait till you see the views.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Clonakilty
Inchydoney Island Lodge & Spa
#5 of 8 in Clonakilty
Celtic Ross Hotel
Celtic Ross Hotel
#1 of 1 in Rosscarbery

Been to Dunmore House Hotel? Share your experiences!