“kingston gathering”

Fernhill House Hotel & Gardens
Ranked #23 of 47 Restaurants in Clonakilty
Cuisines: Irish
Dining options: Reservations
Description: We believe that in order to have good food it has to be fresh which is why we source our food from local suppliers wherever possible. Fernhill’s food is West Cork on a plate. The O Neill family and team at Fernhill have built up a reputation of great food over decades of service and we will do all we can to ensure that you have an excellent dining experience.
Reviewed November 2, 2013

A three night stay here in August was pure bliss. A family run hotel with the personal touch Excellent service and fine food.Spacious bedrooms with a lovely ambience guarantees you a peaceful nights rest. Situated on the edge of Clonakilty it is an ideal base for tourists sightseeing in west Cork.This hotel is classed as 3 star but it is worthy of a 4 star, and in time a 5 star rating

1  Thank kevin k
There are newer reviews for Fernhill House Hotel & Gardens

Reviewed August 29, 2013 via mobile

I stayed at the hotel in July and ate at the restaurant on one night and was very happy. The food and service were excellent and very good value compared with some places in clonakilty town. We had potato cakes with clonakilty pudding to start, trout with mustard mash for main and summer berry tiramisu for dessert, which was to die for! Presentation was excellent also. The views from the front of the restaurant are second to none but it might be worth asking to be seated near the window or in that area. Really pleased, I would return and would definitely recommend!

Reviewed July 23, 2013

We stayed here for one night, Our room was dated and bathroom badly needed to be refurbished, Staff were friendly, Nice location, The bar was OVER decorated with the pictures of a guy with I assume were his race horses and it seems he's watching you all night as everywhere I looked his picture was looking at me..creepy!! Only had breakfast which was fine.

Michael F, Manager at Fernhill House Hotel & Gardens, responded to this reviewResponded July 27, 2013

Hello
Thanks for writing a review of our restaurant. I am glad that you liked our staff and location and I appreciate that you have given us your opinion as a customer.
The pictures are of my father Michael who is the owner of the hotel. The general feedback we have received before is that the photos add character to the bar and this is the first complaint that we have received about them.
Regarding the bedroom and bathroom this is also the first complaint that we have received. It would be great if you could let us know which one that you stayed in as the bedrooms and bathrooms have been recently refurbished so I do not understand your comments.
Thank you for bringing the above matters to our attention and we will monitor the situation to see if anyone else takes issue with them. We will then take action as required
Thank you for your custom and hope to see you again

Reviewed June 1, 2013

Never disappointed with the food, service, welcome and quality at Fernhill. Even on the busiest of days, everything is perfect. Lovely personal touches on mothers day of a flower to each mom after dinner. Not ranked as high as other restaurants in Clonakilty on tripadvisor as people don't leave comments if they visit regularly. We visit at least a few times a year and live over an hour away. Well worth the drive! Look forward to our next visit!

Michael F, Manager at Fernhill House Hotel & Gardens, responded to this reviewResponded July 2, 2013

Thank you for your kind words. It was our pleasure to serve on Mothers day as they are the backbone of every family. Hope to see you again at Fernhill soon.

Thanks

Michael

Reviewed November 5, 2012

My soon to be in laws were visiting cork for the weekend so we decided to have Sunday lunch in Fernhill as it is where we will be getting married next year.

I have to say the whole experience was great the waiting staff were attentive without being annoying and the food was just superb from presentation to the taste to portion size. I would definitely recommend the pudding spring rolls.

3 course plus T&C for €27 i don't think you'll find much better than that for the quality of the food.

We walked off some of our lovely meal in the gardens after although it is autumn they are still beautiful. I cant wait to go back for our wedding in June.