“Great Breakfast and Atmosphere”
Review of The R Cafe

The R Cafe
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: "From Breakfast at 9 am with eggs Benedict,Omelette or Pancakes, homemade Scones(coeliac friendly, fruit or plain)to Lunch from 12 pm.
Stevens Point, Wisconsin
“Great Breakfast and Atmosphere”
Reviewed May 1, 2013

My dad and I had eaten dinner in the attached Richy's the previous night and decided to come here for breakfast. As an American and a pancake fanatic, I really value a true "American-style" pancake here in Ireland. Usually I am disappointed. But here, the stack was fluffy and delicious, just as I had hoped, served with real maple syrup and a good helping of rashers. It was an excellent breakfast. All of the bakery--scones, brownies, etc.--looked mouthwateringly good as well. I will definitely be visiting the R Cafe the next time i am in Clon.

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank Carly L

Cork, Ireland
“nice little place”
Reviewed April 30, 2013

Always get the all day b-fast, very nice indeed. Wife got a toasted sandwich last time, looked savage. Might be tempted on the next occasion..... Staff a very nice and friendly. Will def be returning and would recommend.

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank roneill82
Cork
“Looking for something different....this is the place.”
Reviewed February 20, 2013

Food is tasty and well presented. Staff were very friendly. I found the menu at night varied but not a huge choice and it was a bit over priced but when I got the meal there was a great amount of effort put into it and it was enjoyable.

Visited February 2013
1 Thank MolCork
Dublin, Ireland
“Good Food & Family Friendly”
Reviewed December 29, 2012

We got a very warm welcome on a cold December evening in this quaint little cafe. There was a fantastic little corner for the kids to play in and the coffee and cakes were yummy and good value. We were so impressed with the menu we returned the following evening for our tea which was very tasty and decent enough value. They clearly really care about food and even the kids menu was well thought-out. However, Eur7.50 for a kids burger and chips is a bit steep. But overall, they were very good to our two kids (7&5), they offered great food a decent value in a relaxed and warm atmosphere. We will definitely go back next time we are in that neck of the woods.

• Visited December 2012
1 Thank deedeemac_12
Cork
“Hidden Gem”
Reviewed November 28, 2012

I visited this hidden gem today and it won't be long untl I visit again.

I ordered the lamb stuffed with morels and black pudding (Clonakilty) sitting on a bed of well flavoured lentils - it's a long time since I have enjoyed such a stunning dish. This chef really knows about flavours and is enthusiastic about sharing his knowledge and skills with others .He offers workshops for families and individuals and also encourages local students to use the restaurant in the hope of developing their palates.
We eat in the friendly and relaxed atmosphere of the cafe whilst an ajoining room/bar offered an intimate and unpretentious setting.

• Visited November 2012