“Looking for something different....this is the place.”
Review of The R Cafe

The R Cafe
Cuisines: Irish, Cafe, European
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Takeout
Description: "From Breakfast at 9 am with eggs Benedict,Omelette or Pancakes, homemade Scones(coeliac friendly, fruit or plain)to Lunch from 12 pm.
Cork
“Looking for something different....this is the place.”
Reviewed February 20, 2013

Food is tasty and well presented. Staff were very friendly. I found the menu at night varied but not a huge choice and it was a bit over priced but when I got the meal there was a great amount of effort put into it and it was enjoyable.

Visited February 2013
1 Thank MolCork

Dublin, Ireland
“Good Food & Family Friendly”
Reviewed December 29, 2012

We got a very warm welcome on a cold December evening in this quaint little cafe. There was a fantastic little corner for the kids to play in and the coffee and cakes were yummy and good value. We were so impressed with the menu we returned the following evening for our tea which was very tasty and decent enough value. They clearly really care about food and even the kids menu was well thought-out. However, Eur7.50 for a kids burger and chips is a bit steep. But overall, they were very good to our two kids (7&5), they offered great food a decent value in a relaxed and warm atmosphere. We will definitely go back next time we are in that neck of the woods.

• Visited December 2012
1 Thank deedeemac_12
Cork
“Hidden Gem”
Reviewed November 28, 2012

I visited this hidden gem today and it won't be long untl I visit again.

I ordered the lamb stuffed with morels and black pudding (Clonakilty) sitting on a bed of well flavoured lentils - it's a long time since I have enjoyed such a stunning dish. This chef really knows about flavours and is enthusiastic about sharing his knowledge and skills with others .He offers workshops for families and individuals and also encourages local students to use the restaurant in the hope of developing their palates.
We eat in the friendly and relaxed atmosphere of the cafe whilst an ajoining room/bar offered an intimate and unpretentious setting.

• Visited November 2012
1 Thank ValB_11
Rosscarbery, Ireland
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“R Cafe”
Reviewed November 27, 2012

Stopped by for a coffee twice. The sign said it was Illy coffee which is my favourite. It definitely was not Illy coffee, and on my second visit when I asked what the coffee I was told it was a local variety not Illy, despite the sign still in place. Not impressed with these shenanigans! Will not be returning.

• Visited May 2012
Stoke-on-Trent, United Kingdom
“Fantastic quality food in Clon, whether for lunch or Dinner”
Reviewed October 27, 2012

I've family in Clonakilty and make sure I visit two or three times a year, when I do a bite here is always on the to do list.

The menu is great, varied, but not pretentious - the quality of the food is excellent, and the prices are within the range you'd call fair when the quality and service is considered (this isn't a cheap place to eat, but you won't feel robbed after your meal!)

Amazing cakes and breads and gluten free options also make this a very handy place to know about.

• Visited October 2012